Nice Machine Doubling

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by MeowtheKitty, Aug 18, 2019.

1. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Meow found a nice penny CRH today. For a wheatie its in pretty decent condition. It has a good amount of Machine Doubling in LibeRTY and IN God.

WIN_20190817_19_21_23_Pro.jpg WIN_20190817_19_22_02_Pro.jpg WIN_20190817_19_22_34_Pro.jpg

Inspector43 and spirityoda like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Legomaster1

Legomaster1 Cointalk Patron

Nice find! How many rolls did you go through?

4. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

5. MeowtheKitty

Meow did about 5 rolls today. A bit of a back log as Meow has 50 rolls on a table still left to paw through.

Hookman likes this.
  6. MeowtheKitty

Yea does not seem to match. The penny Meow has, had a delicate date features. And the only devices that seem doubled are the ones Meow highlighted in the photos. Meow just thought it actually was a pretty penny overall. In fact, it might be the nicest penny Meow ever found in the 40s CRH.

Inspector43 and Hookman like this.
  7. MeowtheKitty

Meow did find a 1934 s penny yesterday, but it was a wreck. Parking lot penny. But Meow still put it in the album because it was empty slot. Too bad, it seemed like a good mintmark date to find. Only good as a filler for now.

Inspector43 and Hookman like this.
  8. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I'm glad you found it because any other newbie would of called it a new "DISCOVERY DDO" and then shoot us down when we reveal to them that it is not :punch:

9. MeowtheKitty

Ooops. Meow meant to type 1930s. Meow just looked at it again. It looks like someone did a burnout on it in a parking lot. So sad to see such a fine coin wrecked like that.

10. MeowtheKitty

Well thanks. This Cat has learned a thing or two here ya know. And you have had a part in the learning too.
    BUT......Meow is pretty sure Meow has DISCOVERED a few doubled dies of undocumented variety in the past. Meow has found 3 2018, and 2 2015d double ear pennies. And a 2 2015d Blue Ridge Parkway double petal quarters. (Only P mints of this are documented)
    Anyway, thanks and have a nice day.

11. MeowtheKitty

Meow found another similar penny just now. It has a terrible finish to it, but it does have some neat machine doubling going on. Meow put it in a 2x2 double flip with the other one.
    WIN_20190818_10_10_03_Pro.jpg WIN_20190818_10_10_44_Pro.jpg WIN_20190818_10_11_02_Pro.jpg WIN_20190818_10_11_55_Pro.jpg WIN_20190818_10_12_15_Pro.jpg

12. MeowtheKitty

Meow has just found the nicest wheat penny Meow ever found CRH. Meow suspects this is a Mint Set penny. It is almost as nice as a proof. It certainly is shiny as heck. The rim is not well stuck so Meow does not think this is a proof.
    WIN_20190818_14_03_15_Pro.jpg WIN_20190818_14_03_22_Pro.jpg

13. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Machine doubling is furball stuff. Fun find, but not very valuable. Meow should come back when meow has fount a real doubled die.......that is something to 'crow' about. Does meow like crow meat?

14. Hookman

Yeah, I've been looking for quite a while myself, but I haven't fount one yet either.
    Maybe I'll come back when I have fount a real one also.

( I love the autocorrect on this site.)

BTW, do you know who that is playing Peter Pan in that video?
    It's a woman named Mary Martin. She's from Houston, Texas.

15. MeowtheKitty

Ummm, what video?????

16. Hookman

Oh I'm sorry Meow. I wrote that before I knew or realized that it was just a picture with a soundtrack. My bad !!

BTW, I was poking fun at the autocorrect system on this site that changed green18's word "found" into the nonsensical word "fount".

I just love this site's autocorrect. It is so much fun to read the crazy changes it makes to everyday words and phrases.

17. MeowtheKitty

18. MeowtheKitty

Ah, green18 must be one of them invisible Cat haters. Last Meow looked this was Meow's thread. Wonder if folks go to pet stores or the humane society just to let them know they hate Cats?

19. Hookman

20. MeowtheKitty

No. He must have shown some Cat hate at Meow in the past.

Hookman likes this.
  21. Hookman

He blocked you, my Kittiness.

Please forgive him, for he knows not what he does.

Draft saved Draft deleted