Nice incentive for rejoining the ANA

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by davidbnj, Sep 5, 2020.

1. davidbnj

davidbnj Member

This came today as a thank you gift for rejoining the ANA for three years. I am curious why they did not bother assigning a grade beyond BU... B3D8955D-B3E0-4163-855B-BBB3D4D2DF3D.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Because that takes more time and costs more.

Kentucky, capthank and Andrew Snovell like this.
  4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It's free so who cares?

Derrick Combs, Beefer518 and capthank like this.
  5. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

Interesting. I received a similar incentive around 4 years ago when I rejoined, but it has an MS 69 grade. I renewed in person at ANA headquarters in Colorado Springs during Summer Seminar and they brought the coin out to me in the lobby.

IMG_9160.JPG

6. kazuma78

kazuma78 Supporter! Supporter

I renewed for 3 years and haven't gotten my coin yet. I'm hoping for Ken Bresset or Bowers

capthank likes this.
  7. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I guess I am just a sucker and pay my dues every two years. They never offered me anything. That is the problem with these programs, they have to be careful not to tick off the members who never leave....

8. Publius2

Publius2 Well-Known Member

I sent in my check for one-year renewal this morning and then I saw this thread. I don't recall seeing anything about a reward for a three-year renewal. Stuck behind the door again when the brains were handed out.

Santinidollar and capthank like this.
  9. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

They're cheap in my neck of the woods . . .

All you need is a raw Washington . . . .

Z

Brains fer sail.jpeg

10. davidbnj

davidbnj Member

11. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

Generally, BU is a TV grade, where the grading party doesn't wish to spend the extra money. In this case, it's a bullion coin and the point is the historical signature. I'm sure NGC did these for the ANA at cost anyway.

capthank likes this.
  12. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Same here

capthank likes this.
  13. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

I don't join things. Looks like $30 for a silver membership a year, $90 for 3 years. Or donate them $100.
    I think I'd rather just buy a silver eagle and save the change.
    And the flyer on the bottom makes it sound like APMEX donated the silver Eagles and NGC donated the slabbing.
    Good for them.

capthank likes this.
  14. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

It’s well worth the money. Supports so many things and the benefits like their publications. Free ngc grading their library etc are well worth the cost. I’m intending once finances improve and this plague goes away to upgrade to life membership

capthank and kazuma78 like this.
  15. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

There is no such thing as a free lunch!

16. DEA

DEA Well-Known Member

EDIT - Sorry for replying before reading through to the end. I think I duplicated much here.

The offer is open to anyone, I think. I just renewed about two or three or four months ago. Then I received an email about this offer about a month ago; if memory serves, the offer was to donate $100, enroll a certain number of new ANA members, or re-up. I called and spoke to the efficient person in charge. She let me re-up again to get one of these ASEs; so now I'm good through June 1, 2026. I received the ASE just last week - Barry Stuppler, ANA President 2007-2009. Mine too is graded "BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED.

Merry Labor Day!
    David

medoraman likes this.
  17. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

18. davidbnj

davidbnj Member

I enjoy their magazine and along with the membership comes access to grading with NGC, so that’s another fee that it covers. I did the online version which was $80 for three years. Any new members joining as a result of this post a referral would be appreciated!

19. calcol

calcol Supporter! Supporter

NGC probably had only a single grader look at the coin, and they probably spent about 5 seconds on it. And they could send a big batch of labels to Mr. Wilson to sign in advance without worrying about what the grade distribution might be.

Still a nice coin and nice incentive.

Cal

20. baseball21

Wouldn't be shocked if they didn't even have a grader look at them. They probably just opened a sealed box where you know they're all at least bu and slabbed them

Beefer518 likes this.
  21. baseball21

There actually really isn't any fee for NGC or PCGS if you join with the right membership.

The PCGS with 8 vouchers saves you significant money if you use them right and the $150 NGC tier gives you equal credit for submissions so there really is no membership fee if you do it right

Draft saved Draft deleted