Nice die crack

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Dv8one, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Dv8one

Dv8one Active Member

I found my first die crack its nice 20171128_114914.jpg 20171128_115054.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Fred Weinberg

Fred Weinberg Well-Known Member

Based on your photos, it's not a
    die crack, it's a scratch.

(notice the scratch on the lower
    left side goes onto the rim)

Can you post new photos of it
    without the glare of the light?

tommyc03 and Kentucky like this.
  4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Agreed, that it is a scratch. From your photos, I can see places where coin metal is pushed up along the edge. You won't see this in a crack because the die prevents it from happening. Also, I've never ever seen a crack that straight.

Chris

5. 352sdeer

352sdeer Collecting Lincoln cents for 50 years!

Don’t be bummed keep looking. Die cracks are a great error because you can usually see the better examples with the naked eye. Be patient, use a 5X to 7X hand held glass, have good light and they will magically appear.

6. Dv8one

Dv8one Active Member

Odd cause ive looked under very highpowered to just a regular magnifying glass and the line is raised there is no recession anywhere ive looked under 4 different scopes up to 60 times power no recession at all and you cansee the raised metal line naked eyed as clearly as rest of design

7. Dv8one

Dv8one Active Member

I am bummed im about to give up completely and find a new hobbie ive searched literally over 7000 dollars worth of pennies in this past yr and not one error if theyre that hard to find then its pointless waste of time cause its fun for a min till you find nothing at all

8. Roseland3

Roseland3 Active Member

Don't Give up. I have been searching for some 20 years. I finally found my first doubled die coin just two months ago. While CRHing, I finally found my first. A 1995 WDDO-001. It made looking at all those pennies for soooooo long worth it.

Draft saved Draft deleted