NGC Slab Question.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by saltysam-1, Jul 27, 2015.

1. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I bought a coin from a dealer in Sarasota and after verifying it at the NGC site, I noticed a label change on both sides. If someone sends a coin in for attribution after it was purchased, does this information get updated from the initial labeling? I know its been said they don't up-date their original photographs or track a coin if sold to the next individual, but when they change the information on one side and use a totally different hologram on the other, this would make you think it's a fake slab. Is this normal?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

. The old man hit the enter button twice.

4. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

I'm not certain, but it would make sense that a coin sent in for attribution would retain its serial number and get a different label/holder. And, of course, it could have been sent in just for reholdering.

Endeavor likes this.
  5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Call NGC and ask! 800-642-2646

Chris

Jaelus, dwhiz and TX15FX4 like this.
  6. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I sent them an email and photographed the slab on both sides. No reply yet.

7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Your other alternative would be to post your question on the "Ask NGC" forum. You can post photos there, too.

Chris

8. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I'm not a member there and don't wish to join. I try and keep a low profile. CT is the
    only forum or site I belong to. No twitter, no face book, no anything. I prefer it that way. That's why I posted my question here. I even restrict myself when it comes to purchasing an item. I love PayPal because it's a go between me and my credit card information. I know they can be hacked, but it is the best option out there. I provide them with the smallest card limit I can function with.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    mlov43 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted