NGC results - my first submission

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by gbroke, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Watch your Back :oldman: <<< ICON for OLD MAN!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Lol, I would if I didn't already have a thousand nickels that I am pretty sure will grade 66 and up.

green18 likes this.
  4. carboni7e

carboni7e aka MonsterCoinz

So wait, this was your first submission? Count me in on your second. ;)

gbroke likes this.
  5. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Yeah, first to NGC. Only did one to PCGS.

6. Paddy54

drooling over the 68 shield..... Like I need another 68 rev. of 67 oh Heck yes...LOL

gbroke likes this.
  7. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Rev of 67? Is that a thing? Lol

8. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Well done on the Jeffs

gbroke likes this.
  9. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Congrats on the nickles Greg. :)

gbroke likes this.
  10. Paddy54

Yes it is a thing.....go take a look at my thread it shows all the Hub reverses

gbroke likes this.
  11. Paul_62

Paul_62 Just takin' it one day at a time

Congratulations on the nickels, just stunning! That's a great 41 Lincoln too...

gbroke likes this.
  12. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

Well, that escalated quickly. :)

I'm still surprised at a couple of the ones that got detailed.

gbroke likes this.
  13. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

I wanna call BS on that 69 washington toner but i know the clads usually don't tone like that.

Congrats on the nickels. How long has it taken you to collect a thousand nickels that would grade 66 or better? Is that a literal thousand?

14. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Lol, yes. Literally. 5 years or so.

phankins11 likes this.
  15. mac266

mac266 Well-Known Member

Wow on the nickels! I'm surpried at the AT, though. There is only one I would have guessed was AT (reds and blues together are suspicious for AT).

16. BigTee44

BigTee44 Well-Known Member

Shows what a craps shoot these grading companies really are....

Not really sure how one will say AT, then another says Cleaned.... kinda makes you wonder if they just flip a coin to decide.

Great score on the Jefferson's!

Coinchemistry 2012 likes this.
  17. Paddy54

Only a crap shoot if you're small potatoes , if your Modern coin mart, or another company who has the big money behind it you can get what you want grade wise.
    The same for the beans poppycock! Buy the coin not the slab or sticker.
    I rather take the chance using my 50 years of collecting experience , as to buying a sticker coin ,or a coin slabed that is grossly under or over graded.
    Keep drinking the kool Ade.

18. Keyman64

Keyman64 Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. A coin could have a few possible answers put on a slab label at times, all correct. Coin gets some grime removed with MS70. The chemical is acceptable for use by the TPGs although it may not be the best choice with copper. So if the use of the MS70 uncovers something like a wear spot then it could be labeled cleaned. If not rinsed and it tones funny it could be improperly cleaned or AT. All answers could be correct. Just pick one.

19. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

Well done on the nickels. However, I think the grading on the JFKs and the some of the others was bull hockey. They were very arbitrary on the "questionable toning" designation--to me, many of them were very market acceptable, and I've had ones much like that go through with a grade. Two of my Kennedys that I got from you graded 67 by NGC.

gbroke likes this.
  20. Coinchemistry 2012

Coinchemistry 2012 Well-Known Member

I disagree with the Ikes, Franklin, Wheat cent, 1969 quarter, and the Shield Nickel. The 1969 quarter and Ikes looked MA to me. The other coins that I mentioned do not look MA to me. Congratulations on the Jeffersons! You scored.

gbroke likes this.
  21. soulsilver

soulsilver New Member

That's exciting stuff, congratulations! Was fun reading the saga of the grading - I mean, fun at your expense I suppose so sorry for that, but thanks for sharing the whole journey and it really paid off!

gbroke likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted