NGC Result: 1858 Queen Victoria Penny

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by marbury518, Nov 19, 2017.

1. marbury518

marbury518 Marbury

Just had some stunning results from NGC............one of which might be number one in the population report.

1858 Penny NGC MS65 Red and Brown
    1854 Plain Trident NGC AU58 Brown
    1902 Crown NGC MS62

There seemed to be a load of varieties mentioned by NGC but my account just gives the grade and not what variety it is so not sure if it's number one or not.........not arrived back yet so sorry no scans yet.

Theodosius and Seattlite86 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Are you happy with these grades?

4. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

can you post pics of these coins here ?

5. marbury518

marbury518 Marbury

Am I happy? LOL ............what do you think.............and I wrote coins not back yet.........when arrive I will post........

Seattlite86 and spirityoda like this.
  6. Seattlite86

Well, imagine that I have no idea what you paid or what you thought they would grade. Perhaps you thought 66 on the first one? I prefer to ask the question rather than make assumptions ;)

7. marbury518

marbury518 Marbury

Sorry............guess you are not familiar with the coin...........a 65 would be about $750 or thereabouts.........don't even think there are any 65's and certainly no 66's slabbed.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  8. asheland

asheland The Silver Lion

Great results! I can appreciate those particular coins. :)

9. marbury518

marbury518 Marbury

Many thanks...........they are amazing results.......I have some similar coins with NGC right now so fingers crossed.......pre 1860 British copper in Red or Red/Brown in anything MS are really desirable. I took an 1841 halfpenny that was full red but had a scratch on the neck and patch of unsightly toning in the fields to the Midland Coin Fair and it sold to a dealer for around $300. I also have that date half penny in an NGC slab MS63+....but dark here so will post a photo in natural light......maybe tomorrow....

asheland likes this.
  10. Seattlite86

Not at all, and for all I know, you paid $1,000 hoping 66! Anyway, I'm really glad to hear that you're happy with the results :) I look forward to the photos.

asheland likes this.
  11. asheland

asheland The Silver Lion

Definitely want to see these beauties when you get them back! :D

spirityoda likes this.
  12. marbury518

marbury518 Marbury

Paid about 70 dollars for the MS65........

Seattlite86 likes this.
  13. longshot

longshot Enthusiast Supporter

14. Seattlite86

well done!

Draft saved Draft deleted