NGC Muli-Coin Holders

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Paddy54, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Do NGC Muli-Coin coin holders hold a premium? Yes understood it depends what they house,but in general do they command a premium? Can't find a comp. on this one. 20171022_142431.jpg 20171022_142413.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

It doesn't appear so from past sales history. Maybe a slight premium at best on lower value coins, but it appears like it actually holds the value down of a better coin.

4. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

In general they don't, unless they're something special. They are an odd, pain in the butt to store.

5. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

+1
    Yea, the most common ones are the sac and presidential dollars. The PF70 go for more $ obviously than the PF69. A dealer at the show one time had a whole box of those for $10 each. I bought 2 for flipping and afterwards wished i wouldve made an offer to buy the whole box. A neat item though

6. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

They are neat. But I think that any premium would have mostly to do with what's in them. ;)

7. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

Some might have a slight premium depending on the set. I've noticed it on some that have the regular proof and reverse proof together. Also have seen it with burnished and non-burnished. I guess having the two different strikes side by side in one holder gives it a little bump in value.

8. iPen

iPen Well-Known Member

If you can get a nice mint set slabbed together, then I can see it holding a little premium. NGC no longer issues multi-slabbed holders, so what's already out there is all that's left until they restart that offering.

Draft saved Draft deleted