NGC is really chapping my hide

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by mac266, Feb 5, 2016.

1. mac266

mac266 Well-Known Member

If you can point out where I've asked for special treatment, I'll not only eat my hat, but leave this forum. I simply pointed out that I cannot call them -- something several people can't get through their thick skulls -- because of my present location.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

Just so everyone knows, he has "demanded" a public apology from me. Now, moving on. Your whole attitude and language is what I am referring to. The "woah is me", "I have a master's degree," etc. attitude. And another member posted earlier.. "There is no excuse for them not replying to emails in 2016, especially if you are in the service like your avatar indicates." You did not say that, but it is that attitude I do not like. Not many military people have that attitude, but it does not sit right with me when they do.

4. mac266

mac266 Well-Known Member

I didn't say it. Someone else did, by your own admission. I did not ask for any special treatment; I only want them to answer my emails. That is not a difficult concept, and you are projecting frustration about a pet peeve (service members asking for special treatment) onto me because I am in the service, not because I engaged in the behavior of which you speak.

So you're lambasting me for something I did not say or do, admitting I did not say it, and continuing to lambast me for it.

5. mac266

mac266 Well-Known Member

To summarize:

- I sent 2 emails to NGC inquiring about a submission, and have received no answer.
    - I received notification about a Details coin on a different submission, and sent a third email, no answer.
    - I got upset that they refused to answer my questions.
    - I cannot call them due to geographic limitations (I cannot use the Skype option because the country in which I am located has a national gateway that blocks all Skype traffic).
    - Expecting them to answer my emails is apparently a highly unreasonable expectation, and constitutes a demand for special treatment.
    - Having collecting preferences that differ from another collector's is ridiculous and silly, and deserves a good trash talking.
    - The trash talking and demand to conform to another's collecting preferences is perfectly ok, but getting upset about it is not.

6. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

Vent away brother! If they offer email as a point of contact they should be attentive to it.

7. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Mac, your best bet is to post the same questions on the NGC site. They have a "ASK NGC" thread. They are very active in answering questions.

Cascade and silentnviolent like this.
  8. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

I've always had luck calling and getting an email address to use over the phone (to a specific service rep) and then emailing them to follow up with my issue. I think if you could get someone to call for you and get an address, maybe that would work.

Draft saved Draft deleted