NGC is really chapping my hide

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by mac266, Feb 5, 2016.

1. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

You sir, get the privilege of attaining my first click marking "best answer"

green18, Jwt708 and dwhiz like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Not quite sure why the OP would 'need' them in NGC holders, the point of a coin is to have the coin, not the holder. I really believe the TPG's exist to create a marketing demand for their opinion and cheap plastic.

Get a good Airtite or a Kointains and call it good.

19Lyds and Jwt708 like this.
  4. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Every collector want's some different. It's all part of the fun.

5. mac266

mac266 Well-Known Member

I answered that early on, so this is a rather irrelevant comment. I might add that I find it inflammatory and disrespectful, too. I am trying to make a gift for my son. Beyond that, I do not need to justify anything to you.

Secondly, as I have repeated several times in this thread, the damaged coin is only a SECONDARY matter. I had other issues which they refuse to address, pending for over a month.

6. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

I am not sure what you find inflammatory or disrespectful. My daughter was born in 2006 also and she has a collection of coins from that year that she enjoys looking at - gold coins, and some silver too. I got them for her when she was younger because she started showing an interest in coins very early on, the only of my children that does have an interest in coins. Neither of us care about the holder the coins are in, ie the original mint packaging.

Ahh, see that is the crux of the issue as I see it - the issue is not the coin nor should it be - it is the ridiculous grading company(insert three letter abbreviation here) and they exist not for your protection or your coin's but rather their and their stockholders profit.

Buy your son some nice coins and protective holders and spare the unnecessary nonsense with getting someone in some stuffy underventilated cubicle's opinion.

19Lyds and Jwt708 like this.
  7. mac266

mac266 Well-Known Member

You do not get to decide what my collection will be, nor how I will gift a collection to my son. That is the inflammatory part. I did not ask for your input, and I will not in the future. You are, simply, a bully, demanding that my tastes coincide with yours.

Secondly, none of the TPGs I know of, including NGC, are publicly traded. They do not have stockholders.

8. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

You need help, you are desperately trying to play victim here when all I suggested was that you not be reliant on plastic. Get a grip, the only bully here is you - bullying yourself. You come in whining about a TPG problem then don't take kindly to hearing that plastic is plastic.

You do not have to be a publicly traded company to have stockholders, in fact most private corporations have stockholders, ie SC Johnson, In-N-Out etc. the stockholders are the owners.

9. mac266

mac266 Well-Known Member

Well, I guess my master's degree in business management means nothing, then! But, as with everything, you must be right, because your narcissism wouldn't allow otherwise.

10. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

@mac266 I think you took his remarks too personally. Go easy. Being deployed sucks and I know how frustrating it can be when you're cut off and can't get something settled.

I think all he was trying to do was to expose you to another way of thinking about the collection. We all have different opinions.

Heck, TPGs/U.S. coin market turned me off to U.S. coins in a big way. Sent me directly to military trade tokens. Guess it worked out for me.:D

Take the SGM up on his offer. Get Skype and call 'em. Stay safe, where ever you're at!

green18 likes this.
  11. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

PCGS is a publicly traded company.

12. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Mac, it was acknowledged long ago in this thread that NGC does not answer emails. And I think everybody completely agrees with you that YES that is a problem. The only thing we have been trying to tell you is that it is a problem that you can't do anything about. The only thing that works is to call them (NGC). Unfortunately, due to your circumstances, you cannot call them.

So for you, the whole situation sucks, but there just isn't anything you can do about it. Unless somebody can provide you with a private email address for somebody at NGC. Then, you might get an answer. If I knew of such an email, I'd give it to you myself but sadly I do not.

scottishmoney likes this.
  13. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I still think registering on the NGC site and posting in the ask NGC thread will be his best bet. It's been mentioned a few times.

14. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

If you have internet (which your replies here would imply you do), then there is no reason why you can't just call NGC and ask them about your problems. There are dozens of smart phone apps that can make phone calls over WiFi, regardless if you're in the middle east or not. 1-800-NGC-COIN.

If your goal is to instead continue to complain about something, then carry on.

jwitten likes this.
  15. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

I'm being referred to as a "bully" and a 'narcissist' and am being insulted because of my lack of a kindergarten or first grade education...

But anyways...

Indeed. But I sincerely believe that there are many here in this forum that would be more than willing to step up to the plate and find out who, where and how to get a hold of a live person in NGC.

Again, as individuals we only know what we ourselves know, but collectively we know more and know who. I'm sure if Mac pleaded his case and his current predicament over on the NGC forum he would find a principle there that could take the matter up. I know that David Hall at PCGS does visit the forums or has someone check up on them for this very reason, and I am sure NGC does something similar.

So in essence, there is a solution - find it.

Jwt708 likes this.
  16. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

Thank ghu for the ignore button

17. Christian Golden

Christian Golden New Member

This guy is trolling us all stop replying to him!!

18. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

No he's not.........well respected member as is Scottishmoney. I hate seeing two well respected members go at it. Especially when Scottishmoney's intentions were well intended.

19. harris498

harris498 Accumulator

While I feel for your situation and appreciate your service, Mac, you might want to consider a change in tone when trying to get things accomplished.
    Catch more flies with honey, and all that.

jwitten likes this.
  20. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Actually by posting here you were asking for anyone's and everyone's input.

As has been pointed out PCGS is a publicly traded company on the stock exchange.

NGC is not publicly traded but they do have stockholders. Some held by the original company formers and others that have been sold stock privately.

21. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I gotta say... I do appreciate your service. I live near a Military base, and have many military friends. However, I do not like people trying to "take advantage" of the fact they have served. I have had ebay members message me saying they were former military, so can I cut them a good deal. You serving in the military does not give you special privileges at NGC. And your master's degree in business does not automatically mean you know what companies are private/public/have stock, etc.

Draft saved Draft deleted