NGC is Hosting a Coin Grading Contest at FUN

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by physics-fan3.14, Dec 11, 2018.

1. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

IDK- ive never joined over there. According to the kool-aid drinkers it is though

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Numismatic Enthusiast

A Fake NGC slab would be exciting

4. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Their press release said a few "details" or "not genuine" coins are a possibility. I would hope that for a challenge like this, they wouldn't make it easy.

TypeCoin971793 and baseball21 like this.
  5. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

I was thinking more a really good fake type thing seeing who can actually spot it.

Exactly what I was thinking and hoping they do. Will be interesting for sure.

6. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Same here. We had some great times and people at our table. Still do but we have lost a few. Two have passed, one is MIA and one is in jail for many years.

The coins that you and others passed around the table were off the chart on my cool scale. Fun times. I think Doug even joined us once.

7. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

Yes. That is what was said on PCGS’ website for their contest results. 20 coins were graded in 20 minutes, and the top score was 10.

8. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

9. 1916D10C

1916D10C Key Date Mercs are Life! 1916-D/1921-D/1921

Come on Jason, you're totally slipping. You would own everybody in that contest.

I am rooting for all the members who participate.

10. 1916D10C

1916D10C Key Date Mercs are Life! 1916-D/1921-D/1921

No. CU forum is where the consummate snobs of the hobby socialize. Some of the folks there think their crap don't stink. Doesn't mean you can't learn from them.

"I have never met a man so ignorant that I could not learn from him." - Galileo

(With money you can buy *almost* anything, with the exception of God)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  11. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

It's clear you don't know the members there very well. I'll guess your manners got you in trouble over there. I find most there are very friendly and helpful.

Many members here post over there as well. Many don't post here any longer because they got sick of those that post rude and insulting replies.

We are all people with the same passion for the same hobby. A little respect goes a long way. You don't make friends by acting like the back side of a donkey.

baseball21 and IBetASilverDollar like this.
  12. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Numismatic Enthusiast

Can I fast forward to that part of my life?

13. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I got my entry. It's official! I'll be grading the coins Friday morning.

rooman9 likes this.
  14. EyeAppealingCoins

EyeAppealingCoins Well-Known Member

They're not all a**holes. Most of them are really helpful and nice actually. There are a few, but we have some here too (not directed at you).

15. EyeAppealingCoins

EyeAppealingCoins Well-Known Member

Who is the one that is MIA?

16. physics-fan3.14

Nobody has heard from cpm9ball in ages. I'm assuming that's who he is referring to.

17. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

One word - "airplanes".

jtlee321 likes this.
  18. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I have gotten invitations and I only have a free membership. Unfortunately I've never been able to attend.

19. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

Are you talking about those things that defy gravity and could fall out of the air at any moment? :rolleyes:

20. physics-fan3.14

Be very careful with airplanes, Kurt. That is some seriously advanced technology. Just think, A. G. Heaton would absolutely *not* have flown on an airplane when *he* was president of the ANA. And thus, you should not even consider it either!

jtlee321 likes this.
  21. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Funny you should mention it. It just so happens that THIS year in particular is a numismatic TRAIN travel year. MAYBE I'll fly back home from Rosemont, but maybe not, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted