NGC current backlog

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Vess1, May 4, 2021.

1. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

I respect your advice but not your politics...

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

I don’t damn anyone. Not until I’m in their shoes

Stevearino and wxcoin like this.
  4. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

I'm surprised nobody asked me edited "exobomy" was. It should have been "economy". I guess the drugs I was on after knee replacement surgery hadn't wore off yet. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2021
    CoinCorgi, Stevearino and MIGuy like this.
  5. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

I respect any persons politics who is actually totally informed by their own research of any subject. I've gladly had a few of my :bucktooth::banghead: opinions changed by folks :bookworm: as this in the past!

Furthermore, I believe that if anyone were to sit down and be given the straight, provable, and objective facts about any subject - including political subjects, they would be 90%+ in agreement with 90% of other equally informed citizens. Unfortunately, many Americans are slaves to the EASILY accessible stream of propaganda drivel all around us to keep us dumb and content. The modern
    American Press has failed us all.

Numismatic Example: Try telling a self-educated, internet schooled collector with a digital microscope that his coin is normal and not a doubled die! Last week we had one of these situations (actual coin changed to protect owner and TPGS). Think of a 1955 cent with wide separation of numerals vs a sharp normal 1955 cent. He "knows" that his normal coin must be a very late die state in spite of images and the opinion of three professional numismatists with almost 140 years combined experience! Thus, we are the :bucktooth: idiots in his mind an nothing will change his opinion.

Everything boils down to bad, misleading, OR incomplete input in = expected result: DISSAGREEMENT between intelligent, "informed," well-meaning, and likeable folks including relatives. :(

imrich, Beefer518, Kentucky and 4 others like this.
  6. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

That pretty much sums it up right there. Even with facts these days it's almost impossible to change most peoples opinions.

Beefer518, MIGuy and ddddd like this.
  7. ddddd

ddddd Member

We gave you a little dose of respect. :)

In all seriousness though, it was easy enough to figure out given the context.

Beefer518, wxcoin and MIGuy like this.
  8. Mac McDonald

Mac McDonald Well-Known Member

You never know, these days...edited

9. Kentucky

I will agree with you except for what some/many people consider "straight, provable, and objective facts" are not the same from one person to the next. If you limit your "research" too narrowly, you are like the mother viewing the military parade and lamenting the fact that her son was the only one "in-step".

10. Insider

Kentucky, posted: "I will agree with you except for what some/many people consider "straight, provable, and objective facts" are not the same from one person to the next. If you limit your "research" too narrowly, you are like the mother viewing the military parade and lamenting the fact that her son was the only one "in-step"."

Friend, THIS IS EXACTLY THE PROBLEM!! YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ME AT ALL BECAUSE A TRUE, PROVABLE, FACT is just that. It does not matter what anyone thinks or believes. It does not change from one dummy to the next. ANYONE who disagrees would be ignorant of the truth - whatever it is and it is NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN! There are absolutes in life, politics, numismatics, etc. and some of them may change over time. Examples: We no longer believe the earth is flat. We are no longer told to clean our coins with baking soda!

If I tell you I am holding a $20 Liberty in a PCGS slab w/CAC bean that is 100% genuine and made out of gold and I'll buy it because it is genuine; anyone who says it is not genuine is an ignorant fool. Another example: If I'm a US politician and my wife has a sweet deal with China (according to public records) THAT IS A TRUE AND PROVABLE FACT whether a person knows about it, is ignorant of it, or ignores a - shall we say - very smelly situation. Just because it is not exposed by a corrupt press and not common knowledge does not alter that true, provable fact. BTW, if we are not breaking any US laws, get over it and applaud our capitalistic initiative! :p

We've seen proof of another true, provable fact. Lies told long enough by the press or folks we don't expect would ever lie BECOME THE TRUTH to millions of uninformed folks. Example: ANACS was the first TPGS in the US. Anyone who believes this is ignorant of the true, provable facts. ;)

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    Vess1, Kentucky, wxcoin and 1 other person like this.
  11. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

Doubtful. Agreement on the fact does not produce agreement on political action.

12. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

this thread is so off topic at this point... I am sorry I piled on. I wasn't aware of the topic!

13. Insider

cplradar, posted: "Doubtful. Agreement on the fact does not produce agreement on political action."

Let's agree to keep blowing smoke into a VERY SIMPLE PROPOSITION. We have very little control over most things INCLUDING what the folks running things do (to) for us. Again that does not change the key issue - AGREEMENT between INFORMED EDUCATED FOLKS who know what is really going on in spite of all the misinformation/noninformation and obfuscation around.

Example: I have a MINT STATE gold coin in a top slab. The folks in charge (TPGS) have convinced most collectors and dealers the coin is mint state. The coin is bought and sold as mint state. However, any knowledgeable numismatist knows the coin is not a TRUE Mint State example. THAT IS A HARD, COLD, PROVABLE FACT.
    Anyone who disagrees with a specific example of this fact is a fool.

We are not going to change what story we are getting even though that is what forms our "opinion" on any subject. Bottom line: A person either knows the true, provable, facts or they don't. Put each of these folks together = DISAGREEMENT and destruction from within.

Additionally, the only folks who know the TRUE backlog at NGC work there. Everyone else has one or two submissions in the pipeline to form an opinion they are 100% certain of. :facepalm:

14. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

there are no educated people. That is why crowd sourcing is so effective. And even if you agree on a set of facts, NEVER will that translate into agreement on political action, and when it is agreed on, that is when you are REALLY being taken advantage of. What you are proposing is a very very dangerous myth.

Educated people are just another special interest group.

Nobody knows what the motivations of grading services are, other than the management. That being said, people are affected by their actions and have legimate opinions to what the companies are doing, based on events they see.

15. Insider

cplradar, posted: "There are no educated people."

If you say so. ;)
    There is a well-known :bookworm: saying about :banghead::banghead: disagreeing with some folks :oops:...so I'll concede :angelic: right now. :D

You have proved your point. o_O

imrich likes this.
  16. Kentucky

Perhaps it's just me, but aren't these two things somewhat contradictory?

17. Insider

:yawn: It's you. :p

18. Kentucky

:hungover::depressed::spitoutdummy::yack::yuck::p... sticking my tongue out at you...

Insider likes this.
  19. Insider

:oops: What have I done? @Kentucky has caught the :inpain::hurting::hungry::inpain::borg::bucktooth::cat::cigar: bug.

Kentucky likes this.
  20. Kentucky

Is there a vaccine for that? :)

21. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

Delays are whatever. I'm more curious as to what their grading looks like right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted