NGC Attribution Question

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Agilmore01, May 5, 2015.

1. Agilmore01

Agilmore01 Well-Known Member

I currently have an 1857 Flying Eagle graded by NGC as AU58. It has an unattributed S-9 clash. Will NGC accept the coin in the current slab, and reslab it with the new attribution (for a fee of course), or do I have to submit it raw and request the attribution? Can the submission be sent in with regular submissions, or does it require a special submission?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. stldanceartist

stldanceartist Minister of Silly Walks

I might post this question on the "Ask NGC" board HERE to get the answer straight from the horse's mouth.

4. Agilmore01

I was reading through their threads on the NGC forum and it looks like I can select Reholder with Attribution. Thanks for the link.

5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

You can submit in the holder for attribution

6. Agilmore01

I will lose my CAC, but will gain much more value in the attribution. I can always resubmit to CAC.

7. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

just add that to the cost

8. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

I just posted about this the other day: https://www.cointalk.com/threads/ngc-srh-and-varietyplus.262999/

Not only can you submit it slabbed and have them add the attribution without re-grading, it may be the better way to go about it in many cases.

Agilmore01 likes this.
  9. stldanceartist

stldanceartist Minister of Silly Walks

You know, it's funny that I never realized I could just submit my NGC cherrypicks for VarietyPlus without the separate grading fee...will definitely be worth it for some of these I have sitting around my desk. Type B Quarters, RPM...

You learn something new every day.

10. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

Yea I sent an older slab in for reholdering a few months ago. It was a nice unattributed variety, but I didn't think it was worth the extra $15. Little did I know I could have just paid the $15 for variety attribution and had it reholdered automatically.

11. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

And if you have it reholdered without regrading the serial number doesn't change and you can get the CAC sticker replaced for a much lower fee as well.

Agilmore01 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted