Featured NGC Ancients - looking for a team member

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Barry Murphy, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Ken Dorney

Ken Dorney Yea, I'm Cool That Way...

Honestly? I would apply, but I would never live in Florida. Kind of ironic as today I am wearing a Florida souvenir shirt. Florida is like Alaska. If you have visited once there is simply no reason to ever go back. I turned down Heritage once upon a time as I have a similar dislike of Texas. Good luck Barry and Dave. I hope you get someone.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Same, no desire to ever live or visit Florida. And been to Texas twice, no third for me.

Nevada/Vegas sucks too.

4. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

Yeah @Ken Dorney , no reason to go back!

20160820_101832.jpg
    Photo taken by me of a typical Florida beach

Well, that's ok @Mat, I have no desire of ever visiting the open sewer that is LA either.

image2.jpg
    Typical LA street

Bottom line gentlemen, your words be fighting words, and us Southerners don't take kindly to Yankee interlopers.

regular.jpg

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    Bart9349 likes this.
  5. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

HAHA, Hey I dislike L.A. very much too. Too darn expensive, crowded, traffic is horrid.

I'm just not a fan of Florida cause my step-grandmother visited her brothers there when they were alive and tell me stories.

My dad has been a few times, work training in the 90s & nascar in the late 2000s. He disliked it too and won't go back.

Plus I don't like the humidity of any kind. And hurricanes scarce the heck out of me. My same step-grandmother lost her home twice. I will take my chances with earthquakes.

6. lrbguy

lrbguy Well-Known Member

I have a brother who lives in upstate Florida now. We don't see him much. But been giving thought to retiring down there when the time comes. Lived in Arizona for a year of internship, learned to live in air conditioning. It would be doable, I think.

Been at the coins a while, maybe I should look into it.

7. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

You Florida folks have 'interesting' timing to be promoting the state considering Michael. Of course Florida is so big that it is probably sunny in Sallentville.
    [​IMG]

8. ValiantKnight

ValiantKnight Well-Known Member

Floridian here, but looking to move out in the future. Too hot too often, too humid, overcrowded, too many idiots on the roads, and hurricanes. Don't care how pretty the beaches are, lol.

David Atherton likes this.
  9. David Atherton

David Atherton Flavian Fanatic

Born and raised Midwesterner here. When I was a kid I thought the idea of going off to college in Florida would be a dream come true. I wanted out asap after one year! As you said - too hot, too humid, etc ...

ValiantKnight likes this.
  10. ValiantKnight

ValiantKnight Well-Known Member

I grew up here, so make that a little over two decades of all of that for me lol.

By the way, how's it like to actually have four seasons? :D

11. David Atherton

David Atherton Flavian Fanatic

The beauty of a Midwestern autumn day or a fresh snow fall on Christmas Eve is hard to beat.

ValiantKnight likes this.
  12. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Only three seasons in California/ L.A too and i’d say two since winters have gotten much warmer the past 15 years.

13. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

Get serious folks! We all know there are ups and down to all places we could live. Some get hurricanes, some earthquakes, some tornadoes and some places are hotbeds for crime. Some places are hot, some cold, some mosquito infested and some have more than the national average number of lawyers. Some of us get a mix of several of these things while others of us specialize in one. Put the important things first: we should just pick a place with good coin shows nearby, reliable phone service and good Internet connections. The house next door to me just went on the market. A neighbor who collected ancient coins would complete my set. I would love to be able to apply for this job but it involves doing something I swore off fifteen years ago......work.

Ryro, Craig Z, Seattlite86 and 10 others like this.
  14. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Well said!

Alegandron likes this.
  15. ancient coin hunter

ancient coin hunter 3rd Century Usurper

I like Florida but I wouldn't want to live there. I've taken trips to Orlando (Disney) and Miami on business.

16. Puckles

Puckles Cat Whisperer

Hey Barry, sorry to let you down mate but give the job to someone else.

I'm born and bred in Napier. Always happy to come visit but there is nowhere else I would rather live. You can't beat local knowledge, and after you've figured out where to get the best local ice creams and Fish'n Chips, it just seems such a shame to move somewhere else and have to learn that all over again.

No alligators here, except for Cheryl in the National Aquarium https://www.nationalaquarium.co.nz/aquarium-experiences-and-facilities/alligators/ Check her out, you may know her from before she moved here.

There are no snakes, lions, tigers, bears, or anything else deadly; except for some mad people and some mad dogs!

As for natural catastrophes, we had a large earthquake in 1931 but things have been pretty settled since then. Guess I must be happy in my little corner of the world!

17. kolyan760

kolyan760 Well-Known Member

PROBLEM SOLVED BY ANCIENTS :playful::playful::playful::playful: LOOK AT RIGHT PICTURE image00408.jpg

Jaelus, Puckles and Andres2 like this.
  18. George McClellan

George McClellan Active Member

that gator boy...
    he'll drag ya under and fix ya under a tree root...
    and wait 'til yer like soft custard...

19. Craig Z

Craig Z Member

@dougsmit You know the old saying? It's not work if you're doing what you love! You would be a fantastic candidate to fill this position with your knowledge! BTW.. I currently live in Florida. It's not all that bad. Warm weather is a huge plus! Does get ridiculously busy down here though during tourist season! :(

20. kolyan760

kolyan760 Well-Known Member

other question ... how many sesterz they pay in hour ??

21. Rich Buck

Rich Buck Yukon Cornelius

Excellent job to have.

Draft saved Draft deleted