NGC 1995 Silver Eagle 20th ANNIVERSARY ERROR in 2001

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by thedrew, Oct 22, 2006.

1. thedrew

thedrew New Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dabalzak

Dabalzak Senior Member

Its interesting,but I don't see how an error from ngc can make something worth much more, but what do I know. I do like how the error is being put to use by an ingenious mind. I mean they could have just sent it back to ngc for correction, but instead they decided to see if they could get more out of it. I'm impressed with that for sure.

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Coin Hoarder

buyt he coin. not the holder... if anyone pays a premium for this they are deluding themselves...

5. kendo

kendo New Member

Why would the slab be an error?

6. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

Everything is collectible if it is scarce enough, old enough, and somehow develops a following. Who knows? In 50 years a collection of error slabs may turn out to be worth more than the coins inside. But I won't be collecting them.

7. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

I've seen people call a slab holder an error when the grade was PF--the guy thought that they should put PRF so he called it an error---sold it too!

Speedy

8. Freddypm

Freddypm Member

Doesn't a 1995 ASE poof go for about $150? I would think you could get this at a reasonable price, resubmit it, and have it slabbed/labeled properly.

Am I missing something?

9. bama guy

bama guy Coin Hoarder

on one the coin shows I watch for a laugh, NGC also had one incorrectly slabbed. Best i can remember it was the wrong date. The customer wanted it anyhow and it was sold. NGC may pay a premium to get these back. If i did not have a lot of bucks in it, think i would hold on to it for a while

10. FlyingMoose

FlyingMoose Senior Member

There's a market for the free "demo" slabs given out at coin shows, and those have pretty much worthless coins in them. An error slab is even more rare.

11. Burks

Burks New Member

Provided this isn't some fake, people will pay a small premium for that. There is a market, although small, for error slabs and demo slabs.

12. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

so, if I buy a Vg coin in a VF holder is it worth more?
    It is an error?
    Yes, for me to buy it.
    Agreed: Buy the coin not the holder.
    However, this time it may be an interesting chat item.

13. jody526

jody526 New Member

So they make a few mistakes, here and there.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's only coin TPG.
    It's not like anyone's going to die, if the employees goof up.

Draft saved Draft deleted