Newps: tons of pics! Something for everybody.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by lincolncent, Jul 21, 2012.

1. lincolncent

lincolncent Future Storm Chaser Guy

Hey guys! I haven't been posting pretty much any the past few months. I've been extremely busy with a new girlfriend, school, and writing my first novel. Still been collecting though, and I finally got around to taking a ton of pictures today. Fifty-something to be inexact. World coins, moderns, older, old, Dougish-old, and other random stuff I just like. Most of the world coins came from a 3/$1 bin at a local coin store. Enjoy!

First up, a Franklin Half a lady paid with at the store yesterday. She didn't have enough money so I covered the remainder of her groceries giving her almost the silver value of this sucker. Beautiful light gold/red toning on this one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up, a BU 1958 wheatie straight from an UNC roll. :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up, a BU 1965 Washington struck through a ton of grease. Full luster, it just looks awful. I see a ton of examples of 60's grease-struck Washingtons but this one takes the cake so far.
    [​IMG]

This will be continued for quite a few posts down, so keep checking back until I'm done. :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lincolncent

Reverse of same coin as above. [​IMG]re

Next: my oldest dated coin (1695); a French Jetton.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A couple old British large pennies I picked up cheap.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. lincolncent

Paid two bucks for this Jefferson, but it is by FAR the best struck 1940 I have held in person.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And on top of its condition: 1) its San Fran, and 2) It appears to be 5FS to me. :D
    [​IMG]

1938 12 1/2 Centisemos Venezuela
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. lincolncent

Four Austrian coins dated 1858-B, 1859-B, 1885, and 1899
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Reverse of a 1942 South Africa 1d. coin.
    [​IMG]

I have quite a few more 1940's/1950's South Africans but this is my favorite.
    Cherrypicked this silver out of the 3/$1 bucket. Minted in Denver.
    [​IMG]
    Reverse of 1922-R Italian 20 Centisemos
    [​IMG]

6. lincolncent

Oh the stories this coin could tell.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thought this was cool. British India coin. Love how George is king AND emperor.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Reverse of 1995 Italian 100 Lire
    [​IMG]

7. lincolncent

Eritrea. Not a country you hear or see much about. Thought the design was nice too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For our Irish collectors: 1946 Ireland 5 Aurar
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Charles IV Half Real. The date is gone but I believe it to be either 1797 or 1800 based on placement of the R and M on the reverse.
    [​IMG]

8. lincolncent

[​IMG]

1843 New Brunswick Penny/Token
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not plated '43 Steelie. Picked up in a lot of several more in similar shape for a buck.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. lincolncent

For the toning lovers out there: an end roll '58.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Alabama Luxury Tax Token
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's it for now. Hopefully gonna take some more pics later. I have a couple I have questions about identification, but I'm gonna give them their own thread. Hope you enjoyed! Feel free to share your opinions about any of them, especially about the '40-S Jeffy (especially if your name is Leheigh).

Draft saved Draft deleted