NEWPS for the library...

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by John Anthony, Dec 20, 2013.

1. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

I ordered a couple of inexpensive books this morning that I wanted to share. The first is an analysis of the Dafne types...

[​IMG]

I randomly collected one of these types a few months ago - I wasn't looking for one, but there it was, in decent shape, for a low price...

[​IMG]

The second book seems like a light read, judging from the table of contents, but I'm always interested in anything that has to do with Nabataean history, so I'm curious what this author has to say about Aretas - which Aretas she's talking about remains to be seen...

[​IMG]

I'll post a coin of Aretas IV which I haven't shared on this forum yet...

[​IMG]

And I'm still looking for a particular edition of Numismatic Chronicle that has Rachel Barkay's article on early Nabataean coinage. Spink is offering a copy, but I don't want to pay 60 Euros for it. Maybe the author will be good enough to upload it to academia one of these days.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

I don't know either book, so you will have to give us a review once you've read thru them.

4. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Nice pickups, JA => at times, a cool coin book can be almost as sweet as the coins themselves!!

Draft saved Draft deleted