Newest PCGS fakes from China.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by C-B-D, Sep 6, 2018.

1. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

eBay is not the problem, but fraudulent sellers are. Just do your homework and check the seller’s previous auctions and feedback. See what they’re usually selling, check if they are professional dealers, etc... you are insured when paying via PP, so what’s the matter?

green18 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Also, check the sellers location........if it's in Gang Dong or some other such location on Mainland China, walk away.

1916D10C likes this.
  4. 1916D10C

1916D10C Key Date Mercs are Life! 1916-D/1921-D/1921

If seller is holding coin in question with chopsticks in the photos, also walk away! :hilarious::Do_O

green18 likes this.
  5. Gallienus

Gallienus coinsandhistory.com

I'll disagree. There are fradulent sellers whenever things of high value are being sold. Simply limiting criteria to frequent sellers of coins may not be effective. It's Ebays and other auction sites responsibility to provide a platform which provides some security. I guess this is a function of costs vs the # of people selling coins on Ebay. I think Ebays profits from coins may be high end to justify more $ put into scrutiny.

I believe other sites offer a better return for coins vs price vs the % of dealing with counterfeit/misrepresented/ etc. However Great Collections not not deal with non-US coins almost at all except in a very general sense. I can 't use it for non-US at all.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted