Newest Middle Dates

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by mark_h, May 28, 2010.

1. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Here are the newest additions - beautiful in my opinion. Even with the stain on the 1834. I know they can remove those, but not willing to mess with either coin. Lets see if you can spot the one tiny spot on the 1824. It is on the wreath stem towards A in america. I had to go to 60x on my scope to see it clearly. Also for some reason the 1834 reverse and the 1824 both had some lighting problems - using the saturation feature I was able to get the 1824 to look very close to like it does. The 1834 Obverse is correct and the 1824 is very slightly a lighter chocolate brown. And as always all comments good or bad are welcome.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Mark
    nice, are those scratches on the 1834 obverse on the holder?

4. Art

Art Numismatist?

Beautiful large cents. I love the color on them.

5. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Very Nice!!!:thumb:

6. mark_h

Yes - these are PCGS OGH. Needs some slab renewit or something.

7. Leadfoot

Leadfoot there is no spoon

Very nice, Mark!!! Congrats on the NEWPs. How many you missing now?

8. mark_h

19 dates, 4 varieties. I started out doing part of the redbook varieties. I eliminated some of the extremely expensive varieties(1839/6, 1823 restrike). So I have 4 additional varieties. This is a lot tougher that I though it would be. Finding them in the right grades looking like I want is near impossible.

I think I am just going to watch this spot. I think NCS could get it off, but I would be worried about the rest of the coin surfaces. They are just perfect the way I want the whole set to look like.

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted