Newest Find - How'd I Do?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by DUNK 2, Nov 28, 2015.

1. DUNK 2

DUNK 2 Well-Known Member

My most recent Peace Dollar pick up. Not an entirely complete set, but a cool start for my first Dansco album.

Before I post what I paid, I'm curious what opinions of value are?

Dansco1_JPG.jpg Dansco7_JPG.jpg Dansco6_JPG.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. DUNK 2

DUNK 2 Well-Known Member

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Nice pickup. :) They all look pretty nice.

5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

That's a nice start for your Peace Dollar Collection. The big money is in the missing coins. This set looks to be AU-50 to AU-58. Should be in the $750.00-$800.00 range I would think. Save up to get those holes filled.

6. spenser

spenser Active Member

They look pretty nice. $250?

7. NSP

NSP Well-Known Member

I'll go $750-$800 too. I'd guess a mean of $40/coin x 19 coins = $760. I'll guess you paid $500.

medjoy and spirityoda like this.
  8. DUNK 2

DUNK 2 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies so far. I'll post my cost later today.

I already have the entire Peace collection in PCGS slabs. I just can't seem to get enough. o_O :banghead:

9. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Come on... there's 19 coins there and all certainly are not trashed junk.

OP,

For anything other than from the hip assumptions or guesses, you're going to need to post better photos. The set appears to possibly have a number of MS coins, but as I'm sure you know, looks can be deceiving.

10. DUNK 2

DUNK 2 Well-Known Member

I'll buy as many sets like this at $250 as you can sell me. Heck, I'll even throw in an extra $50 per set.:)

tommyc03 likes this.
  11. DUNK 2

DUNK 2 Well-Known Member

Books - You're right. . . Photographing coin's is NOT one of my strengths. I'll attempt better pictures later.

12. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

That'll cover the 1921 alone, assuming it's high AU. I'm with the guys in the $700+ range as appropriate if we assume nice AU/low MS for them. And that's before attributing any interesting VAMs. :)

USS656 likes this.
  13. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I'm not venturing a price guess but there are some pretty nice looking ones in there. You going to get any of them graded/slabbed?

14. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

The '21 does look nice. I can't tell from the pic, but what is your ball park guess with what we can see? Hopefully that's luster and not polish! Very nice dollars, Dunk!

tommyc03 likes this.
  15. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

I think that they're under appreciated magnificent Art Deco coins!

16. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

I'm not going past AU without better images; the reverses especially. Willing to believe there are Mint State coins in the group. The overall character I'm seeing is that they're all evenly and harshly cleaned, or they're all a pretty decent bunch of cartwheels. Leaning towards the latter. :)

17. DUNK 2

DUNK 2 Well-Known Member

I don't have any plans to slab these, especially since I have the complete set slabbed. This will be my "old school" Peace collection.

18. DUNK 2

DUNK 2 Well-Known Member

OK, time for the reveal.

I purchased this set yesterday at a local auction. It included 17 coins. . . I added the 1934 and 1935S.

$425. $25 per coin.

19. brandon spiegel

brandon spiegel Brandon Spiegel

Awesome 1921!!! in my opinion that coin alone should be worth at least a few hundread dollars!!!

20. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Nice looking set! I've completed my "lowball" set of circulated in a Whitman, my AU/BU set in a Dansco, and I'm 4 coins away from my registry set on NGC. Of course they are 4 of the high dollar coins and the 34-S is moon money. Then again it's easier to get to the moon these days!

I'm hoping for a real generous Secret Santa!

21. spenser

spenser Active Member

Just wanted to see if anyone was paying attention. $900

Draft saved Draft deleted