Newest addition to the 65 collection ~ Purple 5

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by USS656, Dec 13, 2010.

1. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

For those that have not seen the collection, I will show a sampling. Today a purple $5 came to me. It was the only small denomination color binary note I didn't have. Thanks to a member here pointing me to a seller that had it I was able to pick it up. I haven't really been looking but it's fun when they kind-of drop in my lap!

Best Regards ~ Darryl

[​IMG]

The $100 was added a little over a month ago. :)

[​IMG]

This is a group of mostly CH CU Binaries

[​IMG]

TheNoost likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Nice pickup.

4. I found a 2009 1$ binary on friday (5's & 6's). First one I have ever found. Looks like you have quite the collection. :thumb:

5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

And here I thought that was "walkin' around money"......:)

Nice additions Darryl.

6. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I'm sorry for not keeping up Darryl , but what does "65 Collection" mean ? Is it quanity, or grade, or maybe your favorite number ?

7. krispy

krispy krispy

Very cool Darryl! Congrats on the new pick ups.

8. USS656

Thanks guys! :)

To answer the question about 65 - I was born in 65 and served on the Sub the SSBN656. Some time ago I happened upon an chcu 65555556 note and it started a nitch collection of binary notes with 6's and 5's.

9. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

As soon as I finished my post, I noticed all of your notes have "65" in them, and felt dumb for asking. Thanks Darryl, and congrats on your latest find.

10. USS656

No probkem Steve, there are quite a few new members to the forum that would not know without looking deeper or asking.

Best Regards ~ Darryl

11. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Do the purple ones have any collectible value? I see them all the time.

12. vnickels

vnickels Matt Draiss Numismatics & Galleries

13. USS656

Purple 5's have no collectible value without something that makes them collectible. In this case - the note is an uncirculated binary radar with the two numbers I collect that prompted me to spend a premium to get it.

14. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Oh ok, thank you!

15. USS656

These are a different part of the same collection and just showed up today in bulk. Just for fun I have been gathering notes from circulation that are 1 digit off from a binary 65 note or no other digits other than zeros. This collection has no value beyond face to anyone but me and grows at about 3 to 4 notes per month. It's really amazing how many come my way from other collectors that look out for me. :)

Best Regards ~ Darryl

[​IMG]

16. USS656

Have not bought much in a while for this specific collection but an opportunity came my way recently so here are the newest notes to my 656 collection. :)

upload_2021-7-8_17-24-34.png

Dean 295 and SteveInTampa like this.
  17. BunkerTrapMan

BunkerTrapMan Overcoming adversity is the key to happiness

that is really cool, like super cool!

USS656 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted