Newcomb Variety Help- Repost

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by SorenCoins, May 23, 2020.

1. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

I borrowed Newcomb a few times from the ANA library in the late 80s but could never get the hang of it. Bought Noyes and @John Wright Cent Book when the were 1st published. I don't do much with Large Cents anymore but I usually turn to John's book first if I want to attribute a middle date
    IMG_20200531_184327_kindlephoto-86819064.jpg

SorenCoins likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SorenCoins

SorenCoins Well-Known Member

I do not know whether or not ANACS loans their books in their library, but I doubt it. They have a location in Centennial, CO (just outside of Denver) with a library that they allow people to use. I appreciate all of your comments. I will definitely have to go take a look for your book on the NNP, Mr. Wright! I appreciate you telling me that.

4. SorenCoins

It is good to know these resources. I am still very new to identifying large cents, and I find it difficult to know where to even look on these images to compare them! I know a lot can be identified by date position in relation to the hair, but that's about it. As I practice more and more, I will continue to look at these references. Thank you for sending them my way. :)

5. SorenCoins

Interesting! That is good to know, I forgot that I had heard Noyes published material on it too.

Draft saved Draft deleted