newbie Question

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by merlin1066, Mar 8, 2009.

1. merlin1066

merlin1066 Senior Member

First off, I have been reading posts here on CoinTalk most of the day. All I can say is, WOW! is there some great advice here! Way to much to digest in one day. You people are GREAT :bow:
    Now for my question. What are the best books to store Lincoln cents. I have a few slabbed, mostly in flips though. I am assuming I should leave the slabs alone. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

you could keep them in the flips and put them in a binder with the 2x2 pocket pages

4. TomCorona

TomCorona New Member

Lighter fluid works really well cleaning them too! (Er..umm..rather, I once heard). Welcome!

5. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

Depending on grade but I personally like the Library of Coins Albums if you can find them in good shape

6. Just Carl

Just Carl Numismatist

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.
    Your question is a common one. I always say basically the same thing. Your question is sort of like asking who should I marry, what car should I buy, where should I go on my vacation, etc. By that I mean everyone has their preferences in coin collecting merchandise. Many have thier preferences in books, albums, folders, flips, rolls and on and on and on.
    For me I hate slabs. If I get one I open it and put the coin in an album. I use Whitman Albums but that is mostly due to having started with Whitman Albums a long time ago. Now have over 100 0f them so way to late to consider changing. I also use plastic flips, cardboard flips, plastic rolls and many other things for coins. Some may say to use Dansco Albums, some may tell you to keep all slabs. So many have different opinions and that is coin collecting.

Draft saved Draft deleted