Newbie question.... 1979 penny

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Valentina Dawn, Apr 5, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Valentina Dawn

Valentina Dawn New Member

Sorry to bother everyone..... I'm just wondering if all the 1979 d penny have the filled in d mint mark? I have 5 of them and they are all filled in.... So I'm thinking maybe they were all like that in 79?

Thanks a bunch for any info

paddyman98 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

No, not really. I'm thinking that since they have been in circulation for so many years (41 years) the D mint mark just gets circulation wear. I'm sure you will find one with less circulation with a clear mint mark. There were Billions struck in 1979.

And stop saying sorry.
    If you have any questions just ask away! It's never a bother!
    ;)

Brina likes this.
  4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Here is the information for the 1979 D Cent -

1979.PNG

Valentina Dawn likes this.
  5. Valentina Dawn

Valentina Dawn New Member

Here is some pics of the five I have.... Does anyone have tips for pics.... Or apps that zoom and take good pic.... I'm having a terrible time trying to get my pennies to "work it for the camera" they sure don't know how to pose.... Lol

Attached Files:

6. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Between normal wear and tear, and filled mintmarks you're going to find a lot of 70s cents that look like yours. They can be interesting, especially on nicer looking coins, but they don't add any additional value

7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Looks just worn from circulation. Glad to have you with us. Don't be sorry, we're here to assist.

8. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Hello Valentina. Be sure and rotate your pictures before uploading them to your post. Then select Full Image so we can see them more readily. Also, use natural (ambient) lighting when possible. Good luck!

Draft saved Draft deleted