Newbe here, Is this a stuck digit?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by heavycam.monstervam, Mar 28, 2015.

1. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

Not holding my breath here but is this what ya call a stuck digit? If so is there any premium? I have little to NO knowledge of paper. Much appreciation to those who take time to help the green horn here CAM02088.jpg CAM02087.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dean 295

Dean 295 D.O.M.

That is a stuck digit. I don't think there is any premium. Just keep looking.

4. heavycam.monstervam

Are you saying to not bother pulling these crooked serial #s out from now on? Or are you saying that THIS particular note is not out of whack enough to bring a premium? After finding 50 star notes (atleast) thru the years this is the only stuck digit ive ever found

5. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

No reason not to hang on to it. It only costs a dollar to stash it. Nice find.

heavycam.monstervam likes this.
  6. funkee

funkee Tender, Legal

The premium is minor, but it's worth some amount overy face value. The degree of the shift is enough to earn the stuck digit label, but it's not going to make you rich. Maybe $2 to $3. Perhaps a little bit more if the condition were better. Still a good find and a keeper in my opinion.

tommyc03 likes this.
  7. heavycam.monstervam

Thanks guys, i pull stars notes and sell em at the flea.I was gonna do the same w this one. Its nice to get a 200% return on a find!

deacon2828 and tommyc03 like this.
  8. alfredbid

alfredbid Member

image.jpg This ten dollar bill has a misline cut on the bottom right corner what you think guys ? Thanks

9. heavycam.monstervam

Well, i dont see anything unusual.... but since you re-hashed my thread heres an update on the OP dollar.... A well-known CT member purchased it for $5....

alfredbid likes this.
  10. alfredbid

alfredbid Member

image.jpg Is this a stuck digit ? On the last serial #3

11. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

I would consider these not "stuck" digits but either "dropped" or "flying" digits - I believe that is a more accurate parlance for the kind of errors these are. Minor to be sure but definitely a flying 2 up top and a dropped three on the bottom.

alfredbid likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted