New Years Resolution Note for 2012

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by krispy, Jan 13, 2012.

1. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

These are my lofty ambitions for 2012:
    • Series 1934 $500 and 1928 $1000 to complete the $500 and $1000 set
    • Series 1957 Silver Certificate MA-block with an inverted "W" prefix
    • Higher-quality Series 1934 $10 FRN LGS
    • Gilbert Test Paper Note
    • Natick Test Paper Note
    • Series 1981 $1 FRN with back plate number 7273 (should be 3273)
    • Series 1985 $1 FRN with a missing back plate number

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. x115

x115 Collector

Thanks, I wish I had a Lamborghini LOL. I got a good deal from a local guy who needed the funds. But I had been saving for it. I'm not rich, just irresponsible. LOL

4. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

I am so stealing that quote!

5. ronterry

ronterry New Member

6. krispy

krispy krispy

+1
    :yes:

7. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

Looking at last year's resolution, I guess I did pretty well. I did pick up some BEAC notes to add to my collection, and I did get an article published in the IBNS Journal.

This year, hmm... always a tough guess for me. For whatever reason I've become a bit more focused (i.e. willing to spend money) on notes from North Africa - Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, and I'll guess I find one or two to add to the collection. I'd really like to get another nice note from France, it just never seems to happen anymore. Maybe there will be a big auction where some nice items show up. So I'll put a bet that I get at least one nice French note as well.

Good luck with all your goals, folks!
    Dave

8. johnny2dollar

johnny2dollar Collector of BEP $2 notes

My resolution is not nearly as exciting as others. I'm going to try to find at least one of the BEP 2011 $2 single notes from either Boston, Philidelphia or Cleveland. I would at least like to get some serial number and plate information about these.

9. x115

x115 Collector

I just got this little guy

Scan.jpg
    Scan1.jpg

10. ronterry

ronterry New Member

Seriously, I heard it cost upwards of $800 to do that Lamborghini oil change! True or False?
    Just razzing you lol
    Are the North Africa WW2 issue next?
    BTW: the only thing I got this weekend was; Liddell & Litt National Currency book. Pretty big book, and it took two weeks to get here from a eBay seller in Alaska. Heck, I only paid $20 bucks.

He has another one for sale here:
    www.ebay.com/itm/Book-NATIONAL-CURRENCY-Analysis-Values-Liddell-Litt-/250970703265?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6f0505a1

Takes forever to ship from Alaska(I think it takes a ferry or donkey or both?), but the book I think retails for $40-$50 bucks. Right now it's sitting at 99¢.
    Not sure who here on the forum was asking about National banks and what not? I want to see one of you guys get it for under $10 buck, or better yet for 99¢!!!

11. x115

x115 Collector

I would like to get a North Africa issue. But I think I am good for a little while.

12. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

The answer would be true. Partially because you have to put a ton of oil in a dry sump, and partially because any service on a supercar will be billed at a higher rate. You can though change your own oil if you want, and save a fair bit of cash...

Dave

13. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

So I guess you didn't win this lot, then? :eek:

Seriously, many of the items on your want list are probably easier to find by searching through "common" notes than by spending wads of cash.... I don't do too much in $1 FRNs myself, but I've got two inverted W's and two $1 SC mismatched serials that I paid a total of about $50 for. Next to nobody looks for this stuff, so unattributed examples are surprisingly often encountered. Good luck.... :cool:

14. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

Aww. I'm constantly looking, but that one got away from me.

Of course I agree with you about searching common notes. I can't tell you how many 1957 Silver Certificates to find 51 MA-blocks. I'll find them eventual, but some times it takes considerable time!

15. Kittrell

Kittrell Star Collector

Is anyone here bidding on this book? I do not have much use for it but I woud pick it up just to keep it around the community here, as long as the price doesn't go to high. I don't want to big against anyone here who actually needs it though.

16. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

ronterry;

Thanks for that post on the paper currency book. I'll know in just about 4 hours if I can get it. I was looking with another member for infomation on National Bank Issues. I don't know if this was the thread you reffered to, but I'm in the running for it anyway.
    Goals for 2012: Include a $500 Reserve Note, A $20 1906 or 1922 Gold Certificate (XF) and a Fifth Issue 50¢ Fractional Currency Note pictured with the Bust of Seward (F+ to VF30). Happy hunting to all.

17. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I shold have included your post in the previous one. I'm interested, but I'm not sure if it will provide all the specific information I'm looking for. I'm willing to take the chance, but if it will help you over all, please bid. I was going to shoot for what ronterry paid for his copy.

18. Kittrell

Kittrell Star Collector

Like I said, I was only going to pick it up if no one here was bidding on it. Just to keep it in the community here in case someone came along needing it. It doesn't make much sense for us to bid each other up. Go ahead and try to get it.

[​IMG]

Here is a description I found.

19. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Kittrell:
    Thanks for the information, that helps. I'm going to give it a try.

20. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Krispy:

This note has been on my wish list for 6 years! I was lucky enough to find it of recent.
    With the addition of the $10 Date Back National, the Large Size Legal Tender Brown Seal $20 I could only hope to add this year the $10 Jackass Large Size Brown Seal I once held a few years ago.

This note has been posted in a separate thread as I was excited to finally get it.

[​IMG]

21. krispy

krispy krispy

I love it Rick! Congrats! I saw the other thread too and am just thrilled for you obtaining these amazing notes! The year is still new so there's a lot of time for those others to come along if all the stars align for you this year to obtain them.

Draft saved Draft deleted