New Years Resolution Note for 2011

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by krispy, Jan 1, 2011.

1. connor1

connor1 Collector

Haxby

Krispy , last Christmas my son bought a 4 CD set of Standard Catalog of United States Obsolete Bank Notes (1782-1866 by James A.Haxby Volumes 1-4 ,very good reference .
    Check the internet for a set much cheaper then the book.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Yup, makes sense. If I had 'em, I wouldn't go spending them anyway......:)

4. north49guy

north49guy Show me the Money

Hey all,

So I ended up following through with my New Years note resolution last year by picking up a numeral note.

This year my goal/focus will be error notes. I really want one of each error type (obviously some will be much easier to obtain then others, ex. double denomination probably won't ever be obtainable). Also hoping to pick up another educational note this year.

Good luck everyone!

5. krispy

krispy krispy

That's great Steve! Glad to see you checking here on CT again too. Good luck in your search and collecting in 2011!

6. krispy

krispy krispy

Thanks Bob. I will keep an eye out. I always like to pick up reading and reference material before I ever delve into buying/collecting something.

Found the 4-CD set NEW on the Krause site for $225 currently... a lot less than the printed format. Will also try to look for a used set, if possible for less.

7. camlov2

camlov2 Member

One Goal will be to pick up the book/cds mentioned above along with the Don C Kelly book.
    As far as the notes themselves my only real goal is to purchase any and all notes I find related to towns within 30 miles of me :) (That I can afford)

8. krispy

krispy krispy

I just noticed that Krause also has a NEW YEARS DAY sale on for many things, take an additional 15% off orders of $30 or more... Promo code KPNEW11.

That drops the Obsolete Bank Notes 4 CD set from $225 to $191.xx! It still seems to be in effect as it is still New Years Day in parts of the country.

A very tempting offer...

9. connor1

connor1 Collector

That's a good price ,even though it may sound expensive .

10. camlov2

camlov2 Member

11. connor1

connor1 Collector

12. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

I should be able to secure my latest purchase in just a couple short weeks Series 691 $10 IN PCGS 65PPQ
    This will also complete this very tuff and expensive Series a few months ahead of schedule ;)

13. connor1

connor1 Collector

Congrats....2011 is looking good for you already !

14. krispy

krispy krispy

15. krispy

krispy krispy

Excellent! Please try to post to this thread when you get that one in and imaged.

16. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

17. coinman0456

coinman0456 Coin Collector

Your collecting loosing lottery tickets ? I don't have any of them. LOL

18. Mark14

Mark14 Star Wide Receiver

my goal for 2011 is to find out the values of my korean notes , and the values of my 1940s 5 franc notes,
    i cant scan right now, so i might upload pix when i can get it working

MM

19. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

my resolution for this year? Continue to have fun collecting paper notes and hope that the new $100 comes out this year! :)

20. krispy

krispy krispy

Is there any one note beyond the new $100 you are after this year? or any reference material? can you name one item that will be your goal to acquire?

21. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

This is a tough question for me, as it was last year. I tend to buy what comes up, rather than being able to pick out a list of things I want. Aside from that, I have been focused for a while on the 1973-84 BEAC issues from Africa, and would love to find another one or two to add to the set.

Also I would like to do a bit more research and writing this year, hopefully something for the IBNS Journal.

And then of course I hope to enjoy all the great posts from Chris and the rest of the gang here on CT!

Dave

Draft saved Draft deleted