New Year's Coin Finds

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Williammm, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Williammm

Williammm Member

What's the earliest day in the year you found a coin dating the new year? My earliest find was on January 3rd 1993, it was a 1993 Lincoln cent.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Either I'm too old to remember or it was too long ago for me to care.

ja59 and Mike185 like this.
  4. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Sometime end of January. But mostly not until April to June.

5. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I am pumped up to see the date 2020 on the cent.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  6. Arkos

Arkos Member

How close are you to the mint? I live in South Florida and always see them a few months later at the earliest

7. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

They will have to start engraving the dates much larger before I will be able to know.

furryfrog02 and PlanoSteve like this.
  8. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I usually find the new year's coins starting late January/early February. Then it is several weeks before I see anything that isn't the new date. Unfortunately this year I have been getting box after box of 2019P cents here in the last month or so. I'm going to end 2019 with solid 2019's and probably start 2020 rolling right into solid 2020's. Blegh.

9. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

Give boxes a break and start looking for CWR's. This time of year banks tend to be inundated with CWR's to the point they often dump them out into bags and ship them out for processing because they get so many.

10. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Oh I always make sure to ask for CWRs as well. After I dump my boxes I deposit back at another bank and ask them for CWR. They never half halves though.

Draft saved Draft deleted