New Variety Quarter called Eagle's Prey...Anyone heard of it?!

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Patty0874, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Patty0874

Patty0874 New Member

Hey all! New here and I need help! Just saw on ebay someone selling a New Variety Quarter called Eagle's Prey and he's selling it for $4,999. He got it graded from ICG MS64-D Eagle's Prey Var. 2nd Ex. Link to the listing below. He describes it as "NEW VARIETY EAGLE'S PREY" represents the eagle holding its prey the snake. His photos are not very clear, so I can't be 100% sure.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-VARIET...=item23b5d09347:g:5NUAAOSwIxVcYYgg:rk:60:pf:0

Well, I just happened to be looking at ebay to help price my quarter for a 1963-D with a Bright White frost and I came across his ebay post. So, just by chance; I looked down at my quarter and guess what?! My quarter had the same error! I have tried to contact the seller of the post and awaiting an answer but I'm busting out of my seams to see if I have the same thing?

That is why I am here. Has anyone else heard of this Variety before?! There is no info about it on the internet that I could find. Attached are pictures of my coin. Any help would be appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Never heard of it! price is ridiculous. Looks like it was struck through a piece of lint or some other foreign material. Wait for more experienced member's opinion. If it is a strike through I doubt it would add much value to the coin. Keep checking to see if that $4,999 coin sells.

Patty0874 likes this.
  4. Patty0874

Patty0874 New Member

I agree. Price does seem ridiculous, but he did have it graded, so there must be some validity to it being graded with that description. I'm going to do more digging. Maybe go talk to some coin dealers. I'll post back on any info I may have found.

5. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

I would be very interested in what you find. I did some searching and couldn't find anything.

Patty0874 likes this.
  6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

:yawn: I'm not that excited about "a new variety"... It's really nothing. The silver content is the only thing of worth in that Quarter. The $4,999.00 price is super ridiculous and it's a great example of people putting what ever price they want.
    ICG is not really one of the best Third Party Graders in my opinion. There could be a small Die Chip on Washington's nose and they would call it.. Washington's Booger! :hilarious:

7. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Oh, Meow has found a Mt. Rushmore quarter with a die chip right in Jefferson's nostril. Meow put it away with a label "Jefferson Booger variety" on it. That quarters flaw is way cooler that this ones.

8. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Here you go, Jefferson Booger Variety quarter! WIN_20190218_00_17_57_Pro.jpg .

Patty0874 and paddyman98 like this.
  9. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

10. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

If you think that your coin and the one on SleazeBay are worth big bucks, then I'd suggest that you stop looking through your pocket change for that one-in-a-trillion retirement coin and take up selling worn-out beanie babies.

Chris

11. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

minor die crack, value?

On eBay? Priceless

12. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Wow! Haha! Good one! :hilarious:

13. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

I think the "Prey" the label is referring to is whoever buys it. Including whoever sent it in for grading.

Randy Abercrombie and paddyman98 like this.
  14. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

The eBay listed ended at 7:04:31 this morning. What a joke.

15. Patty0874

Patty0874 New Member

16. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

That Ken Potter coin I posted ...
    Not sure where he got it from ...

Draft saved Draft deleted