New Variety? 1971 D Cent DDO Fs-01/ RPM??

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Kevin Trivett, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Kevin Trivett

Kevin Trivett Member

20190624_023540.jpg 20190624_023521.jpg 20190624_020643.jpg 20190624_020738.jpg 20190624_020430.jpg I couldn't find anything on this.. I keep seeing what looks like a D/D/S but it's late, I'm tired.. Thx in advance. Have a good night

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Sir, I'm going to give you the same advice I give a lot of people who jump on here and shoot out tons of "error" coins that are not anything at all. You've been tossing out some really outlandish suggestions for what you think errors are. It makes me think you maybe spent an hour on youtube or an error site and then decided to forge your own path. Please take the time to really study errors and how they are made, learn the minting process, and narrow down the coins you really think are errors. Here's a great website for that: www.error-ref.com

Also, a few recommendations for coin photography: don't use flash. Use two lights if you can, putting them at the 10 and 2 o'clock of the coin and your camera. Try to take straight on shots, with the camera parallel to the coin. If you want to take a close up, you need a 10x loupe that you can place in front of your camera on your phone and move close to the coin until it adjusts properly. If you do not have a 10x loupe, stop everything you are doing, go buy one, and start using it. You do yourself no favors by looking for errors without one. Don't ever use the zoom on your camera. They tend to all be digital zoom, vs actually adjusting lens distances. That's the same as simply zooming into a photo on the computer screen. The resolution doesn't change any, it just pixelates the coin. That's what the 10x loupe is for.

I don't mean to discourage you, but you're not going to find anything worth keeping and just waste a bunch of time if you don't take more time focusing on the basics of the mint process.

PlanoSteve, Inspector43 and Maxfli like this.
  4. 2x2 $averKrazy

2x2 $averKrazy Hopelessly coined in

there does seem to be a faint D behind the D so is that mechanical ? just trying to learn?

Draft saved Draft deleted