New US Mint discounts

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by athrose, Dec 23, 2013.

1. athrose

athrose Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Scooped ya dear fellow.....:)

4. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

Thanks for this one. I normally don't sign up for the subscriptions but the 10% discount did it for me. I can't believe that the pucks were on the list. It saves $15/puck or just $140 for something that is already selling out quite quickly. It should be interesting to see the quantity that they make in 2014 and how quickly that they sell out. I've also put in subscriptions for the mint set, proof set, silver proof set, presidential covers, silver eagle proof, and the silver eagle west point. I was buying them anyway and the 10% discount pays for the shipping.

5. AWORDCREATED

AWORDCREATED Hardly Noticeable

6. Ron Henry

Ron Henry Active Member

So question, their silver eagle proofs come in a nice box with a certificate. Will the box keep them in collector condition or should they by protected some other way? In case you haven't already figured it out, I'm new to this coin collecting hobby.

7. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

The coin will be in an airtite. That will be in a clam shell display box. This will be in an outer box. If you keep the coin in a cool, dry place, you should have no problems.

8. anchor1112

anchor1112 Senior Member

those prices from the mint site were based on $24.00 an ounce. the silver went down below $20.00. normally, the mint will re price it and based on $20.00. or a 20% downward adjustment. but they came out a wise move. a 10% discount instead of a 20% downward adjustment. with out any discount or adjustment. the mint prices were already considered very high. and now it is more expensive. think about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted