New to this and need help

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Lmgooch79, May 16, 2019.

1. Lmgooch79

Lmgooch79 New Member

Can anyone tell me what's going on with this 1999 penny? I have searched and searched and can't find one quite like it. The date seems to be stamped inside the penny instead of being raised. It appears as if Lincoln is stamped twice, the lighter stamp blurring the words of "we trust". I'm missing some things I'm sure. I'm new to this and could use any help I can get. Thank you. Also, I'm no photographer, I do apologize for the terrible pics.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

need clearer pictures to be able to see anything

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

It is just a worn die strike. Nothing major.

5. Lmgooch79

Lmgooch79 New Member

Ok. I will take some more and post them.

6. Lmgooch79

Lmgooch79 New Member

Are these any better?

Attached Files:

7. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I still see a worn die strike.

8. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

still blurry images
    to take better images you need to have light. Enough light for the camera sensor (not your eyes, because your eyes adjust much better than any electronics). When there's not enough light the shutter speed is too slow and you get movement which blurs it.

If the images on your phone look at all blurry, then they'll look blurry to us too and probably worse with smaller files. You should practice until you get good photos.

but 'prolly worn die strike

9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It's zinc being struck at high speed with extreme force. What do you expect?

Welcome to CT.

10. Lmgooch79

Lmgooch79 New Member

What about Lincoln's face being on it twice and the word liberty is twice as well? Also 1999 being inverted

11. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Too blurry to see the date inverted but LIBERTY and Lincoln's face are the result of an old Die and the thin copper coating applied to zinc at high speeds.

12. Lmgooch79

Lmgooch79 New Member

What does that mean? Sorry im I'm infant stage when it comes to this. Any help and education is much appreciated.

Draft saved Draft deleted