New to the site and have a question...

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Don Rupanovic, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Don Rupanovic

Don Rupanovic New Member

That's kind of what I figured anyway, however I did have my fingers crossed. :)

Seattlite86 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

The one all the way to the top left of your group seems to be the nicest one. I would grade that one MS-65. So the best thing to do is keep them as a keepsake or spend them. It wouldn't be worth the cost of grading to bother.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  4. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

I love the design and have some in various circulated condition. It's cool to get something that your dad had saved.

5. Don Rupanovic

Don Rupanovic New Member

I posted a few things in my album that I created, A red serial/seal $2 note, overseas notes and some other things. I'll add more as time permits (proof sets, commemorative coins, etc.)

6. swamp yankee

swamp yankee Well-Known Member

It's priceless to you as your dad had it/gave it to you! Soak it in DISTILLED WATER ONLY for a couple days to see if the crud will come off and then go from there.Don't scrub it after just "pat dry" Best of luck and welcome to one great bunch of people....

7. Don Rupanovic

Don Rupanovic New Member

Swamp Yankee, don't get me wrong...I am delighted to go through the coin collection. Some of it is obvious as it was bought for an investment (proof sets, uncirculated, etc.) but some of it (i.e.- The Iraqi Dinar), was brought back by a U.S. Marine that worked with my Dad in Fla. when Iraq was invaded and the Vietnamese note (I am assuming here), came back with one of my uncles that served in that war.

It's more about the history of the older coins, thinking where it has been, who may have held it...things like that, make you think. :happy:

Draft saved Draft deleted