New to Errors, This is not a 1935 DDR right?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by AdamsCollection, Dec 1, 2019.

Tags:
?

DDR?

1. Hell Naw.

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Hell Yaw.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe, IDK.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AdamsCollection

AdamsCollection Well-Known Member

Browsing my collection, and cataloging my coins. Saw I had a 1935 P Buffalo, decided to check if it was the DDR. I am skeptical enough to post it here and ask, Really have no Idea what to look for hoping for professional eyes. I have a comparison photo, and a couple photos of my 1935.

DDr?1.jpg DDR?2.jpg DDR?4.jpg

So here is three separate images of what I think could ??possibly?? be the DDR? The reason I am suspicious is because of the E's, one has a weird extra clip on the bottom, and the other seems to have an extended top. The letters are also thicker then normal, and more blurred into the border, not sure if thats a sign or not.

Here is a 1937 P, not DDR for comparison.

DDR?3.jpg

The letters are more defined, probably due to less wear, and seem to be further from the edge?

My hopes are not up in any way, just figured id post this here out of curiosity. Maybe it is cooler then I had originally thought! :) Thanks for looking and I'm looking forward to anyones opinion!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

MatrixMP-9 and AdamsCollection like this.
  4. AdamsCollection

AdamsCollection Well-Known Member

Figured, just wanted to double check as errors are not something I familiarized myself with thank you!

Seattlite86 likes this.
  5. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Never hurts to check. Most people trend towards spending hours searching for errors before they spend even minutes learning about them. If you find yourself doing this, you're doing it wrong. I'm happy to help you learn more about errors, if you decide to go down that rabbit hole. It's a deep one :)

AdamsCollection likes this.
  6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

This is not a DD anything.

Seattlite86 and AdamsCollection like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted