new silver coin thats supposed to commemorate firefighters

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by potty dollar 1878, Feb 26, 2021.

1. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

I can cook a mean island curry chicken . . . .

Z

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. 1865King

1865King Well-Known Member

I avoid any of these odd coins made really for no reason. I buy them as junk silver nothing more. Some of the so called countries these come from don't even have a mint so they're no different than buying coins from the Franklin Mint.

4. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

You don't have to have a mint to be a country. Many countries have their coins and currency produced under contract by others. Were we a country before 1793? And our first coinage was produced by a private mint.

baseball21 and potty dollar 1878 like this.
  5. quartertapper

quartertapper Numismatist

Not sure if I missed something, but I would certainly hope a large majority of the profits would go to charities supporting families of fallen firefighters, or something of that nature. I see nothing stating "proceeds going to" or "a portion of the profit goes to"...

6. 1865King

1865King Well-Known Member

This is true but those countries were having them made for circulation in their country. The US mint did it for a number of countries until recently. The US actual bought blanks for large cents from England until the war of 1812.

7. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

They had their own unique coinage and paper money that apparently got mismanaged somehow and then it was all pulled from circulation save the $3 bill...

cook3dtl.jpg cook3.jpg

Which is just so iconic because of "Ina and the Shark" that it still allegedly circulates. They replaced everything else with standard New Zealand coinage and bills. This has to be one of the only bills in circulation with a phallic image.

8. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

And then continued after the War ended thru the 1830's.

1865King and potty dollar 1878 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted