New Scam website, Uses Stolen Images, Beware!

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Coins4Eli, Nov 27, 2023.

1. Coins4Eli

Coins4Eli Collector of Early American Copper

I was looking for some new fractional currency and stumbled across a new scam website. They appear to be harvesting photos and listing titles off of ebay and pumping them into their website. Keep in mind that this website does not own any of the merchandise that they are advertising, they are just trying to "bait" an unsuspecting collector into losing their money.

I even found a piece of currency that I have listed currently on my own eBay store! Looks like they somehow acquired 11 of my exact same note! :banghead:

Screenshot 2023-11-27 1.33.41 PM.png

Moral of the story, don't buy stuff from shady websites! I would hate for a fellow collector to lose ANY amount of money by being fooled into thinking they are getting a good deal!

For those who want to check the website out for yourself the link is 2023sale.com, just type something into their search bar. I don't know if I am allowed to post links here, but if not I would be happy to remove it.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2023
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Well-Known Member

We aim to provide the highest quality coins and bullion to collectors and investors, and to avoid any fakes, or counterfeits at all costs. Which, is why we are proud members of the NGC, PMG, ANA, CCG, ACEF (Anti Counterfeiting Task Force), and National Silver Dollar Round Table.
    :rolleyes:
    https://2023sale.com/tags/coins

4. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

These days you have to worry about everything, it’s a real shame :(

Coins4Eli likes this.
  5. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Be aware that if you access any website they immediately add your address to their list. If they are what they claim, that's great, but if they sell your address to a list of BAD websites, you can't clear them all off. If you are using Windows and Yahoo you can hover your pointer over their email address, windows and Yahoo will show the Real email address. I check everytime a new one comes to me and about 35% are faked. Jim

6. Coins4Eli

Coins4Eli Collector of Early American Copper

When you say address do you mean my email address or my actual physical home address? Either way it's scary to think that by just simply visiting a website someone could be stealing my information.

7. Jeepfreak81

Jeepfreak81 Well-Known Member

That's not true at all - they can't get your address, physical or email, unless you input it somewhere. That being said what they CAN get is your IP address and if you're logged in to google perhaps some of your public information from google.

Draft saved Draft deleted