New quarter designs coming?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Garlicus, Mar 16, 2018.

1. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

I'm so fed up with this "Program" crap from the Mint. Talk about driving an idea into the ground and then setting it on fire. I'm all for putting women on our circulating coins, let's just make it Lady Liberty. Let's adopt a great design, created by an artist and not steered by a "comity". Leave the computer generated art out. Create it in 3D sculpted form and do a mechanical reproduction of it. Make our coins the most beautiful in the world again. We can change designs every 5 or 10 years to please the people who want change. But please, for the love of God, stop making a special coin for each State and Territory!!

While they are at it, reintroduce the large silver dollar not as a commemorative but to be specifically included in a special silver set of 6 coins. The silver coins will be the Dollar, Half Dollar, Quarter and Dime. Keep the Nickel and Cent as they are. If the designs were worthy, I'd line up in a heart beat to buy a set each year. Keep it simple and go retro.

mach330 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SPC CENTS

SPC CENTS Hammering slabs

I like the ATB Quarters a lot. They're much nicer than the State quarters. Nearly all the designs have been very nice, with the obvious exception of the Chicken McNuggets quarter. I know they're cliches, but (1) art is subjective; and (2) beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

4. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

Lady liberty. Jmo

tommyc03, derkerlegand and jtlee321 like this.
  5. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I'm all for famous people but, not actors and actress's who went on to live notorious lives, alcoholics, drug addicts and those who committed suicide. We need to impart good things and things of historical significance to coin collectors and not suggest that those who did badly could possibly be a role model.

Garlicus likes this.
  6. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

We could always let John Adams be on the quarter for awhile,lol ;)

7. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

It's not the mint, the idea for these "programs" comes from Congress.

jtlee321 likes this.
  8. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

I know. My statement was nothing more than an emotional based rant. The Mint simply asks "how high" when it's told to jump. I just wish they had the ability to ask "Why".

9. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Unfortunately the answer is "Because we said so."

jtlee321 likes this.
  10. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

jtlee321 likes this.
  11. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Yes, it will most likely never come out of committee.

12. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

BTW, I was only kidding about colorized coins in my previous comment. I would not collect those either.

Draft saved Draft deleted