New President of PCGS Announced

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by baseball21, Dec 11, 2018.

1. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

The dividend was cut because it was way to high before which I already stated in what you quoted....

It was a quarterly dividend of 33 cents a share and now it is down to a more reasonable and realist 17.5 cents a share.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. brg5658

brg5658 Well-Known Member

Have you ever invested money? Do you not understand how dividends work?

...17.5 cents on a stock worth 50% what it used to be is basically the same % dividend.

They cut the dividend because they didn't have enough income (earnings) to pay the dividend...dividends are cut for a reason, not just "because it was too high".

Good grief, I hope someone else is in charge of your retirement investing. Seriously, you just make s*** up as you go... :(

EyeAppealingCoins likes this.
  4. baseball21

DO you ever actually look things up before expressing your feelings? They have a quick spike at the end of 2017 just like basically the whole market did as well as a run up in that time where it was sitting higher than it had averaged for quite some time. The current price is right about it's historical average minus a run up in 2013/2014 then it came back down and a run up in 2017 which then came back down.

If you understood how money works you would know that having to pay 33 cents a share means more money out of the companies pocket paying the dividend than 17.5 cents a share is.

The dividend was to high so it was reduced to a level that is sustainable as I have said many times but why let facts get in the way right?

5. brg5658

I give up. I'll take my advice from someone who knows the difference between the words "too" and "to".

Don't quit your day job.

<facepalm>

EyeAppealingCoins likes this.
  6. baseball21

More Dr Phil style feelings with no substance.

7. brg5658

Well, you certainly know the realm of "no substance," so I'll take your word for it.

:rolleyes:

8. baseball21

So sad when people get upset because facts were used. Feelings aren't facts

9. Owle

Owle Junior Member

Did anyone go to the PCGS luncheon? How are the new changes going over?

10. Owle

Owle Junior Member

Did anyone go to the PCGS luncheon? How are the new changes going over?

Draft saved Draft deleted