New PCGS Holder Info

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Agilmore01, May 19, 2015.

1. Agilmore01

Agilmore01 Well-Known Member

geekpryde likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

Very interesting. I wonder if this will be only for PCGS Secure Plus.

4. Agilmore01

They just came out with a new 3D hologram not long ago. That's why they let everyone reholder for $5. Now we have another one. Money racket???

Endeavor and dwhiz like this.
  5. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Glad I stick with ancients, dont have to worry about silly slabs & their B.S. "enhancements".

Agilmore01 likes this.
  6. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I love it. Innovation and safety... constantly thwarting counterfeiters. This is good for the hobby and their company.

Endeavor, Travlntiques and dwhiz like this.
  7. Agilmore01

It's good for the new slabs, but as long as people buy coins in the old slabs, the counterfeits will always be out there. I am glad they make the effort though.

Endeavor likes this.
  8. KSorbo

KSorbo Well-Known Member

The new PCGS slabs that came out last year have much better quality plastic than the previous generation and have a nice solid look to them. From what I saw on the video the new ones will be even more secure, so more power to them! I'm surprised that NGC hasn't come up with anything new as of late. Even though it's the coin that matters, it doesn't hurt to have a presentable holder that's a step ahead of the Chinese in terms of security.

9. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

New holder (2015) has DNA! now the holder can't be faked...pretty cool.

10. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

I wonder if it kept the edge view feature? And no mention of the water proofiness of it either.

11. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Ok we got to send in all our slabed coins and get them re-slabed, got to keep them living high on the hog.
    Sorrynot me

12. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

But only useful if the average collector can determine if the "DNA" is present. If you have to send it in the PCGS to have them determine if it is there it kind of defeats the purpose.

Endeavor and Agilmore01 like this.
  13. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

My God Don Willis is looking ragged and old.

14. numisport

numisport Member

NGC has had superior holder for years including first to have edge view insert and optical quality plastic for a 10.00 reholder fee. Too many are still PCGS cult followers and are missing lots of high end coins in other holders at more realistic prices. It sure is the coin that matters !

Endeavor likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted