New obsoletefrom GSNA show

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by BRandM, May 19, 2013.

1. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

img001.jpg
    This is the newest pickup for my NJ obsolete collection. I found it at Spencer Peck's table at the Garden State Numismatic Association show on Saturday and got a fair deal for it IMO. It's dated April 4, 1825. The bank was chartered in 1812 and closed in 1827. This note is listed in both Haxby and Wait. There are several other denominations known issued by this bank but the $3 note is scarcer than the others. Thanks for looking.

Bruce

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cool one Bruce, I gotta stop hangin out with you, I may want to start collecting obsoletes. I have WAY to many collections going already, as you know LOL.

4. BRandM

Yeah Mark but you have some really nice stuff in your collection. I used to be like you...collect everything under the sun. These days I limit myself pretty much to NJ obsolete currency, counterstamps and coin club/dealer/collector exonumia. They keep me happy...and broke. :D

Bruce

5. Squaredeal

Squaredeal Active Member

nice! i myself have a lonely 3 dollar Louisiana obsolete myself. Funny thing is all my life we thought it was fake because of the blank back! :dead-horse:

6. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

Nice three! You're getting back into the early years for obsoletes and this is a pretty one.

7. BRandM

Thanks gsalexan. I do like these early obsoletes over the Civil War era notes but of course you don't find as many to choose from. I don't know what this one would grade but it's in pretty decent shape for being almost 200 years old.

Bruce

8. MorganDollarTJ

MorganDollarTJ Senior Member YN

that is REALLY nice! congratulations! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted