New NGC submission is on it's way :D

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by mrweaseluv, Jun 17, 2022.

1. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

hehe the 59 IHC was a last minute addition... seems even the crappiest 59 slabbed starts at 100+ so decided better to take the nicer of the 2 I had and have it slabbed 35vs100+ it wasn't hard to decide :D as for "worth" having it slabbed... well might get a 50 for this one raw as I said slabbed BIN cheapest on ebay at moment is an XF details coin for 160...
    I would say well worth getting it graded

Omegaraptor likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Crate Digga

Crate Digga Active Member

Two XF detail coins sold for $35 on ebay. Straight graded vf30 sold for $44. Look at completed listing not asking price, you are way off.

Vertigo likes this.
  4. mrweaseluv

You might wanna check the dates on those sales...2020 yeah that was about right.. Now not a chance or if they did sell recently they were baggers (ugly as hell) not worth even those prices. I see prices that low on the auction listings but back 2015-16 closest current i find is an xf details for 74 that I wouldn't pay even $5 for :D

5. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

He's actually not way off. The xf go over 100 on multiple platforms and the VFs even get a jump at 35. He'll very likely get less as an NGC coin, but still much better than raw

6. mrweaseluv

Package has arrived safely at NGC.... Now comes the long painful wait lol...

Omegaraptor likes this.
  7. mrweaseluv

Package is now all checked in... fun fun fun lol

masterswimmer likes this.
  8. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Just caught up with this thread. Good luck weasel.

Omegaraptor and mrweaseluv like this.
  9. Mike Thornton

Mike Thornton Learning something new everyday.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
    That SLQ is one sweet lady, cleaned or not. Thanks for sharing.

I have a 1917, not that nice but I believe a higher AU, also cleaned by a prior owner. I've been considering sending her in but still sitting in the flip.

10. mrweaseluv

I'm guessing someone liked the look of the SLQ as it's already "Scheduled for grading"... I know it went regular instead of eco but seems awful quick to me compared to other submissions (scheduled the day after packaged opened and registered)

11. Vertigo

Vertigo Did someone say bust?

I'm waiting since May for my pcgs sub. Probably won't be back until August. But I will be happy!

12. mrweaseluv

SLQ is now in Grading/Encapsulation/photography... The other 4 are still "scheduled" :D

masterswimmer likes this.
  13. mrweaseluv

Still no grade but should be any day now.... I did however get the 1st Photo's today :D
    thumbnail_6468811-001v.jpg

14. halfcent1793

halfcent1793 Well-Known Member

I would grad the IHC no better than VG. Fine requires a readable LIBERTY. Maybe someone can explain the highly optimistic estimates?

Cheech9712, buckeye73 and Magnus87 like this.
  15. Omegaraptor

Omegaraptor Gobrecht/Longacre Enthusiast

You don’t need a clear LIBERTY to get a Fine, or even VF on earlier copper nickel cents. Remember the Mint was having issues getting full strikes on early copper-nickel coins, which is why the Flying Eagle Cent was discontinued after just two years.

A lot of earlier date IHCs also tend to have uneven strikes.

mrweaseluv likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted