New Morgan Dollar?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by thomas mozzillo, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Ike Skywalker

Ike Skywalker Well-Known Member

The COPY stamp is the problem with those. If they had been dated 2021 without a copy stamp...... well, I can only imagine how popular they would be.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

If and when the mint makes the coin, they don't need to place the word copy on it at all. It will have a real date, and be considered a commemorative, not a copy. I'll reserve my opinion until there is more information available.

4. Ike Skywalker

Ike Skywalker Well-Known Member

Correct. They will not be marked as a copies because they will be authentic, legal tender 2021-dated coins. As much as I’d like to see proofs, I also wouldn’t mind seeing these made in the same way the silver business strike Ikes were- with no particular care- a true business strike. I can see an MS69-70 bringing stupid money.

5. davdo

davdo Senior Member

Seems ironic to me that we bash the Mint for putting out the same old 'stuff' or 'junk' then when they put out something different they get bashed for that too. I realize it's a money grab for the Mint but we as collectors don't have to buy them. I think it's kind of exciting, interesting and 'different'. It remains to be seen if I'll get one due to availability and price.

thomas mozzillo likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted