New micro camera

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Swervo513, Jan 28, 2017.

1. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

I just bought this, for the same purpose. Battery-driven gooseneck LED, the microscope objective fits right thru the hole. It's a tad too small to work the same for my other lenses, but I have a Dremel which claims it won't be that way for long. :vamp:

51h5W4jtpeL._SL1200_.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rmpsrpms

rmpsrpms Lincoln Maniac

What's the inner diameter? And link, please...

4. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

5. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

I found the best technique for me, if I hold my tongue just right to the right, and bite down just a little. I may get a good photo. LOLO short and sweet. As you can see and read on other threads, there are many many many techniques in photographing coins. I will admit. That I'd like taking a nice photo of a coin. But since I do not do it professionally, and since money is scarce. I tend to try and do whatever I can with what I have to work with. And if standing on my head would make my photos look better, I'd even try that. Through trial and error you will find out what works best for you.:hungover::blackalien:

6. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

I gave up sometimes last year trying to adjust the color balance on this USB camera of mine. Never could find the right software for the camera to start off with. Matter of fact just purchased another cheap USB camera. Just for the cheap plastic stand. The camera was kind of a bonus. I have found with these USB cameras, and so far this is the fourth one that I have. If it has HD it's usually already set. And like you said it tries to make adjustments depending on what you're shooting. Yes these USB cameras have their downside, but a little trial and error in a little creativity, you can make them work. ct10-29-2.jpg Yes I have a little lighting glare on the Eagles right wing. But this is just a demonstration to show that you can make nickel and copper come out in a somewhat decent photo With a cheap USB camera.USMC60

7. rmpsrpms

rmpsrpms Lincoln Maniac

OK, I feel another tip coming on...maybe this one is #12:

First, download Digital Photo Professional from Canon. It should be a free download. Look on an old program download site if your computer is older. Nikon ViewNX can do all the same things I believe.

Shoot your coin on a known background. Best is an 18% gray card, but a white index card also works. Then try shooting with auto white balance. If the RGB values are still way off, then experiment with different WB settings until you get something fairly close. You can determine RGB values by mousing over the white area in your photo editing software. If RGB are within a couple % of each other, you're in good shape. If not, then using the histogram, adjust the R channel until it matches G, then do the same for B channel. Double-check by mousing over the white areas, and they all should show nearly equal RGB values.

Draft saved Draft deleted