New Listing For 1964 P Hot Lip Dime.

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Paddy54, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

I just received an letter from James Wiles
    It states that my 1964 P Roosevelt dime is a new DDO listing. It's now known as DOO-006,6-O-IV+VIII, stage B MDS.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Nice.. Great news! Congrats!

Paddy54 likes this.
  4. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Congrats! It just goes to show that persistence does pay off.

Paddy54 likes this.
  5. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

Cool beans!

Paddy54 likes this.
  6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Hot week for you.

7. Paddy54

Yup thanks Frank.... got 4 more to go ! 2 dimes and two nickels

8. Jim M

Jim M Ride it like ya stole it

Go Get em Paddy.. He is also mentioned in the cover story (Collector Finds "Hotlips" 1964D Roosevelt Dime) of the latest version of the Errorscope as the finder of the above 1964 coin.

silentnviolent and Paddy54 like this.
  9. jay4202472000

jay4202472000 Well-Known Member

Looks like you need to change what it says under your user name from variety collector to variety discoverer! Great news!

Paddy54 likes this.
  10. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Homerun We Tipped our hats to you. Great finding Buddy!!!!!
    :)

frog eye 73 and Paddy54 like this.
  11. KurtS

KurtS Die variety collector

Wow--congrats Paddy! :D

Paddy54 likes this.
  12. Paddy54

Not quite sure what to make of this.....I received this e mail about 20 minutes ago.

I regret that I must inform you that I am delisting the 1964 DDO-006 from the CONECA files. Additional specimens from varying dates and die states have surfaced. It was discovered that all had die clash marks and when overlays were made, the reverse design matched the doubled areas. I had questions originally, but was willing to agree with other attributers (John Wexler and Ken Potter) until more information surfaced. I have seen enough examples now for me to conclude that the doubling is the result of die clashing/abrasion and not from a doubled die. I know Ken is now questioning them. I am not sure what John's position is. I remain open, but until I see an example without die clashing, I will not be listing these in the CONECA variety files.

Thanks,

James Wiles

paddyman98 likes this.
  13. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

One thing is funny. There Already a population of this Die Variety graded Details were given and $paid for Coin shops, Corporations auctions have sold them at a good profit.
    What happens if you ask Pcgs to correct it .
    Sadly you still pay. Again this to me is like changing the rules in the middle of the Game or something like this.

14. paddyman98

Wow.. I need to see that overlay myself! Crazy :jawdrop:

Paddy54 likes this.
  15. paddyman98

OK I think I understand .. Right on the lips :grumpy:
    Dime_Overlay_JPG.jpg

16. Paddy54

So it's an olive that make the lips doubled.... you would of thought Wiles would of thought to do a flip before pulling the trigger on a ddo.

jello and paddyman98 like this.
  17. VarietyCent

VarietyCent Member

I don't quite understand how a die clash could get confused with a doubled die. Die clashes would appear incused while a doubled die will be raised. From the pictures I found of the one this one is talking about and it does not look like a die clash to me. lol

18. jay4202472000

jay4202472000 Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking. I haven't had a chance to look through the counter clashes listed yet, but it seems it would have to be a counter clash to cause the lips to be raised and doubled. What do you folks think of this hypothesis?

Paddy54 and paddyman98 like this.
  19. paddyman98

Does this mean that all or most are getting delisted? He says varying dates? Would he list the genuine DDO so we know which one it is. This is going to get interesting.

20. paddyman98

Now that's a contradictory statement.. the clash marks matched the doubled areas? ... :hungover: :facepalm:

21. Paddy54

Paddy54 did not make the above statement . It's taken from Wiles e mail to Paddy. That was posted in its full contents . .
    Just to clarify . ..

paddyman98 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted