New Ike aquisitions

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by mrbrklyn, Oct 26, 2008.

1. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

The Authoritative Reference on Eisenhower Dollars, 2nd Ed.
    by Wexler, Crawford,and Flynn

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

That is the one that was recommended by lyh19?

Good

How is it?

Ruben

4. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Yes, it was the one recommended by Lee. I haven't had a chance to really look at it, but from what I have seen, it looks like it was well worth the money. I got it for $10 less than print price from Kyle Vick on ebay. If you do a search for his name on ebay you will find him. He had 3 copies left as of last week. If you can't find him let me know and I will pm you his phone number and you can order directly from him.

5. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

10 bucks? I might be able to swing that. How much was the shipping?

Ruben

6. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

No, $10 off original issue price. Original issue price was $34.95, so I got mine for $24.95 plus $4.00 for shipping. So basically, $30. Still five bucks under issue price.

7. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

I'm going to check out the Strand and see if they got it.

Ruben

8. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

9. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

The browline would be key to determining whether or not this is the friendly eagle variety (FEV). Off hand, and without looking that the Ike groups web site I can't say for certain what to look for, but I believe it has to do with the number of "creases" above the eye. I beleive the FEV has one less "crease" as does a regular issue. The IKE groups web site will help clarify this.

10. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Like this one, it has no brow and the moon is different and the crater about the LL's has a particular pattern which this has. Take a close look and compare it to the other 71 d's I have posted here.

Ruben

11. FHDave

FHDave Senior Member

lol...have not been around the forum much lately

I did like your pics, especially the varieties. I have a complete collection of Ikes, including all three reverses for the 1972. I'm just starting to get into the varieties that you have shown here.

There is major coin show here in Mass in a couple of weeks that I hope to hit, I especially want to look at the Ikes there.

cplradar likes this.
  12. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Well, welcome back. Honestly I have an interest in IKE's but more of the supper shiny ones. The varieties are interesting for the IKEs because there are so many available, so that you can look for them ;)

Ruben

13. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

I finally had a chance to look at your pics more closely and it looks like you have a FEV! Congrats! Nice find! :thumb:

14. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

I think there is about a 20 dollar price tag on that...not a lot but its nice to find.

Ruben

15. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

what was RPM again?

Ruben

16. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Wow that second coin is a FEV variety IKE and I didn't Notice it Before. Darn I have to did that sucker out!

Ruben

17. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Repunched Mint Mark

cplradar likes this.
  18. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Lets talk about doubling

cplradar likes this.
  19. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Auch - I killed my ike page and now I'm completely lost where the images are. How many '71-Ds do I have?

Where are my Talon Heads!

20. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

That was a great set. Are these easy to find or are they rare

21. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

Draft saved Draft deleted