New Ike aquisitions

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by mrbrklyn, Oct 26, 2008.

1. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

What would you grade that one up there?

Ruben

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. nickelman

nickelman Coin Hoarder

Nice Ikes thanks for sharing. I started an Ike collection about 10 months ago 1 left to go 1971S UNC.:)

4. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

You have the silvers also? Isn't there two 71 unc? a silver and a clad?

Ruben

5. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

BTW - what is it this thing you have for Mint Marks!

Ruben

6. jazzcoins

jazzcoins New Member

:whistle:
    Well by looking at the pics which is not easy to grade ,it's not a cam or an ultra cam. I would grade it Proof 69 or less maybe 68 by the pics

Jazzcoins Joe:whistle:

7. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

The game was here in Pittsburgh and the fact that he was able to get tickets here when the locals cannot even find them says he has deep pockets! Giants were healthy and Steelers have too many people out - so if we had won it would just go to show how good a healthy Steeler team is! :D I hope we meet again this year :)

btw: Nice Ikes Ruben

8. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Well, I think I found a double die, or a mechanica doubling -- you decide

I've pushed my camera past the end of its capabilities with these shots and they still aren't decisive in my opinion.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

10. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

11. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

I must be out of mind, I'm searching for microscopic defects in otherwise cheap coins and getting lectured about from a guy who claims to be an expert on rust.

Ruben

12. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

Well, there is one line in there I agree with. Aside from that, what you mostly seem to be doing is posting pictures that are so big no one wants to wait until they all load and wondering why no one likes you Ikes .

13. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Yes, I had to sacrafice a few coin purchases! :D

Actually Darryl, I got the package of a life time. It was a Giants fantasy package.... purchased through Big Blue Travel agency. This package included 2 nights stay at the Hyatt Pittsburgh Airport with the Giants Team, all you can eat and drink Dinner Saturday night at Dave and Busters which was sponsored by Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs... who btw I got to sign a helmet and football, a Giants tailgate party at the game with all the food you can eat and free beer (which we found out was not a good idea with all these New Yorkers) And Oh, did I mention.... a ticket to the game. All for $600!!!! Heck, the hotel would have cost nearly that alone. There were several Steelers fans who couldn't get tickets there so they signed up for the package..... needless to say they were harrassed relentlessly. ;) An absolute incredible trip and worth every cent. :D

BTW, don't see any doubling on the reverse Ruben, not to say it isn't there, but you may need a stereo microscope to get those kind of pics. Also, my IKE book did come in today and I can't wait to start reading it.

14. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Hmm - it was first apparent on the N, and E, but after examining it the O, and both Ls and the D are doubles as well. The O shows to round independent breaks and the N I think has a split Serif.

You might need to look at the blown up ones which I posted as links.

Ruben

15. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

No luck looking at your pics, even the attached ones. I would agree that the N looks like it may be doubled, but really can't tell on the rest.

These varieties are best photographed from the stereo microscope anyway.

16. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Well, that was the best I could do. I can't run out and get a stereo microscope right now. Which book are you getting?

Ruben

17. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

I have credentials that make me an expert on corrosion and how would you know that I am lecturing you when I am on your ignore list.

18. nickelman

nickelman Coin Hoarder

Don't know! LOL! Just like RPM's for some reason that I can't explain!

19. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

What is RPM?

Ruben

20. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

Wow,edited, you would think that you would know what RPM means. But then again, you didn't know that there were St Gaudens with lettered edges either.

21. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted