New guy needs help.

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by cdl00025, Jul 28, 2005.

1. cdl00025

cdl00025 New Member

I have a dime that I would like someone else to look at. I think it may have an error but I just don't know. It could be damage, I guess. The problem is I can't figure out how to post a picture of the darned thing. Every time I click on "insert image" I get something about "text to be formatted" or something. I just don't have any idea how that stuff works. I've been to the gallery section and I think I can upload pics there but I want to be able to upload them on to a post, if it's possible. Of course, there's probably an easy remedy to my problem, so if you can help go easy on me. I wear my feelings on my shirt sleeves. ;)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

It's fairly easy - to insert an image the pic has to be hosted on a web site of your own or a free hosting site and you insert the url. But if you prefer you can just Attach the image to Coin Talk directly from your hard drive.

When making a post just scroll down a little til you see Manage Attachemnts - click on that and follow the prompts.

If all else fails - just email the pics to me and I'll post them for you ;) gdjmsp@qwest.net

4. cdl00025

cdl00025 New Member

Thanks. I appreciate it.

5. cdl00025

cdl00025 New Member

Okay. Here goes.

The dime is a 1992-D that I found in a cash register about 1996. I've never had anyone else look at it. I've always wondered about it but never got too serious about finding out anything about it. Please click here to see the dime. The pictures are actually scans. Anything anyone can tell me would be great. The pictures are of the reverse and obverse of the dime. One side looks normal and the other side doesn't.

6. GDJMSP

Best I can do is a guess that it was a grease filled die. Never saw one quite like it though - kinda cool :cool:

7. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

8. GDJMSP

Yup - it is. But I read this post first :rolleyes:

9. cdl00025

cdl00025 New Member

Thanks everyone for all the help. I made another thread because I didn't think anyone else was going to reply. I wasn't trying to fool anyone.

Draft saved Draft deleted