New Guinea coin album 1935 - 1945

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by gxseries, Oct 1, 2016.

1. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

I've been sorting out what I have in my collection and saw I had an old Dansco New Guinea coin album. This was a somewhat scarce album when I bought it a few years ago at a bargain.

Not too bad except the folder itself is more than 50 years old and the mintage figure seems to be wrong. I personally don't like the design itself since you can only view the coins on just one side. This is more like a white elephant.

https://issuu.com/gxseries/docs/new_guinea

So I decided to re-design the album. I probably got a hang of how to make digital coin albums much faster than what I was used to.

https://issuu.com/gxseries/docs/new_guinea_coin_album_1935_45

I guess the beauty of this set is that all coins are very affordable except the 1929 coins which did not circulate. I admit that I wasn't aware of New Guinea's history until I did some reading.

Please feel free to share some of your New Guinea coins!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

One of the better albums that you have made, gx!

That was a very nice decision to make this one: Simple, and all on one page!

Just love it!

Okay, now onto tackling the coins of China! Embrace the challenge!

gxseries likes this.
  4. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

Nice. Something I'd like to own someday is a German New Guinea coin. I wasn't aware until recently but apparently Germany possessed the island for a brief time and there are one or two coins from there. Very rare though.

5. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

I have seen the silver and copper German New Guinea coins down here in some of the higher end coin shops. Quite beautiful coins however expensive in any condition. I guess there's a strong interest here in Australia as it was a German colony which in turn was administrated by Australia.

I'm also aware that there are gold versions as well, which is excessively rare.

Draft saved Draft deleted