New glass display cabinet..

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Spaniard, Nov 30, 2021.

1. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

We had a snap here once where the nightly temp was never above zero for 6 weeks, and for over ten days it never hit zero at all. It got down to about 38 below, not wind chill.

Trust me, not here voluntarily. Job has me here. Once I am retired I am long gone.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

@DonnaML this medal...close up. thanks...

4.28.20 Coin Trays 1 & @ & Large Case (2).jpeg

4. DonnaML

DonnaML Well-Known Member

It's an Austrian Joseph II toleration medal. I'll check to see if I have a photo.

spirityoda likes this.
  5. Mammothtooth

Mammothtooth Stand up Philosopher, Vodka Taster

Fossils

spirityoda likes this.
  6. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I asked about them. :shifty::shifty::shifty:

7. Spaniard

Spaniard Well-Known Member

And I did answer......It is quite amazing though that these were found on my land at the time that was about 500 metres above sea level and all were upside down so quite difficult to see. As I was detecting I use to flick stones over with my foot..

8. Phil's Coins

Phil's Coins Well-Known Member

FANTASTIC DISPLAY CASE.
    I hope you have an alarm on your residence or a large NASTY DOG!
    Semper Fi

9. Spaniard

@Phil's Coins ....Thank you ...
    My goodness I think our two continents are very different!. A few people who've posted here and are from the USA have stated similar concerns..Stealing obviously happens here but it isn't something that would cross your mind when setting up something like this at least here!...Unless of course you live in one of the major cities, such as Madrid or Barcelona but then I think, sadly, that's pretty much the norm
    across the world!

10. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Is that your Abe Lincoln Cent Set at the bottom. Kidding

11. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

As I went back to your pictures of the cabinet, it finally dawned on me that I alread have a glass cabinet with cherry wood. My wife and I bought it almost 15 years ago. She would put glass figurines that my parents bought in East Germany and I inherited them. I use to build model airplanes, but as I got older, my hands and eyesight wasn't as keen. I must still have 25 or 30 airplanes in there. If you look at my Avatar, there is a picture of an F-4S that I built that is in the cabinet. I gave an airplane that I had built to a friend's 8 year old. It was destroyed in less than a day... so, no more gifts. I may try to get an IKEA for my office. Since it would be shut, I would hope my cat wouldn't ry to get inside.

12. Spaniard

Very nice models Jim....The glass door is heavy and when shut is held in place by 2 quite strong magnet plates, 1 at the top and the other at the bottom. I personally wouldn't think a cat could open this?

13. Struck7

Struck7 Active Member

Hi Spaniard
    I really like the look you have achieved with your coins "floating" in there new display case. Just wanted to share some pics of my modest coin collection. Interestingly I have also diversified into a side fossil collection. I found a few of these fossils while working in France. But I have purchased the rest. It really would be amazing to find some buried ancient coins! Not to many of those around were I live though. Cheers IMG_20211205_101534.jpg IMG_20211205_093823.jpg

14. DonnaML

DonnaML Well-Known Member

What kind of fossil is on that huge block of stone on the bottom shelf?

Spaniard likes this.
  15. Spaniard

@Struck7 ...Very nice display there!
    I've zoomed in as much as possible and have the same question as Donna...Looks like a small fish swimming right ?

16. Struck7

Struck7 Active Member

Hi everyone. DonnaML and Spaniard I have taken it outside to hopefully shed some light on the subject. It's a mass mortality plate, A common species of fossilised fish but some unusual event may have happened to this small shoal. There is 30+ fish on the plate. IMG_20211205_152343.jpg

17. Clavdivs

Clavdivs Well-Known Member

Please do not include Canada in your calculation. Only time I lock my door is when I go on vacation.

Spaniard likes this.
  18. Egry

Egry Well-Known Member

Wow this is amazing, well done!

Spaniard likes this.
  19. Spaniard

@Egry...Thanks!

@Struck7.....WOW!....What a beautiful piece and amazing detail.
    Very interesting...Thanks for sharing

Struck7 likes this.
  20. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

You can also remove the more valuable pieces to a safe or a hidden location....can also have a security WiFi camera on the case.

21. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

Wow, $60 for something that big and glass. Not bad at all !

Alot of the wood+glass curios I looked at were $200, give-or-take, and that's the starting prices for something that wasn't junk quality.

Spaniard and DonnaML like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted