new find is this worth anything ?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by THE BIGDOG, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Thank you.

:)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Now, that we've conquered my molehill, on to the "their, there, they're" Everest! ;)

4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

fat chance!

5. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

Anywhere between 50-1000$

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk

6. Heater

Heater Well-Known Member

Oy, fishing the Beaverkill for trout, imagine how fast my butt ran when sitting on a bank and seeing three of them buggers come a swimming right through the pool I was a fishin'.
    I normally don't sit and fish for trout but it was time for an adult beverage and rest.

THE BIGDOG likes this.
  7. Heater

Heater Well-Known Member

I would suggest NOT doing PM's "mano a mano" as the person not liking your PM will report you and someone like Jim will give you a warning,a timeout, or the ultimate ban.

Be willing to support the PM's Jim if you recommend them.

TJ1952 likes this.
  8. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Sir I would like to respond to your pm quote. Just recently I had a PM in counter with a member. The first PM was basically a profanity attack, which I basically ignored. Evidently this member was not happy that his profanity insults had no effect. His second PM started off with the basic profanity insults. Then this member crossed the line and proceeded to use my disability I have had all my life to verbally assault me. To me that is a lowlife individual whose uses someone's disability to verbally assault Them. At that time I told this member to back off and not to contact me on PM again. Evidently that did not sit well with this member, I received another PM a couple of days ago from this member. Again the profanity assaults and the disability assaults and for those members as I am of the Armed Forces who served this country proud, this individual member proceeded to throw PSD in my face. Though I do not suffer from it. I know plenty of brothers that do. This lowlife member Left me know alternative but to report him to a moderator. I believe the moderator was quite lenient with this member, who is still putting his opinions and quotes on your threads. I would like to thank the owner of the site Peter would have immediately banned this member from his site. I can only hope that Peter goes back and reads the PM's from this individual. And it's no surprising to me a small number of members that are backing and supporting this member. This is a lowlife individual who uses members disabilities against them, and you are supporting a member like this. And all my brothers and sisters of the Armed Forces that are on this site I hope feel as I do that you do not throw a disability that someone has no control over as a weapon towards that individual which this individual feels is totally appropriate. I will close by saying if the owner and moderators of this site feel that it is appropriate. To let a member use a member's disability to verbally assault member this is not a site that I wish to be on.USMC60

Last edited: May 15, 2016
    THE BIGDOG likes this.
  9. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

It's not easy to understand what you are saying at times. I'm sorry but you don't get the facts straight of what was said by others. You say that they said this or that when they never said that. I'm not trying to pick on you but please be accurate when you quote what others said.
    I'm not sure who sent you the PMs but I'm sure the mods handled it in the proper way. Peter is the owner of this site (not Paul).

10. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Sir I do not know what to tell you. It seems that big dog understood my quote and entered a like on it so evidently he had no problems understanding it. And as far as the member I will say it has 1952 in it. And I will break it down for you. Member 1952 feels it's totally appropriate to use a members learning disability Dyslexia to verbally attack me and then he proceeds to verbally attack veterans who suffer from PSD that may be on this site, and you are one of the members whose back and support this member. And as far as quoting what this member said on open thread is not appropriate. And the owner this site has the ability to go back and look at the past PMs of this member. And like I said the Mediator was extremely lenient with this member.I'm sure the owner if he reads pass PMs from this member would not condone this members comments on his site. And Would do the right thing.USMC60

11. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Yet again you don't understand what was said. I don't know who 1952 is. Not sure why you would say I support him. I support facts of each post and not the member.
    I will support you as well if you are correct in what you post. I can't see anyone here attacking a true veteran.

TJ1952 likes this.
  12. TJ1952

TJ1952 Well-Known Member

Hey @usmc60-

I'm the member you're referring to. I wasn't verbally assault you. I PM'ed you to give you a friendly persuader and a heart-to-heart from one Marine (if you actually were a Marine) to another, to get your head out of your BUTT! You're saying you were a Marine that's insulted by my language or a verbal attack?? Really?? I don't believe it!! It would seem to me by your response, that you are a bit to sensitive or emotional to actually be a Marine! I tried the articulate the problems you were causing with other member, including myself. From one Marine to another, I was speaking your language in terms you would understand! But you obviously didn't get the message. You keep using the disability card. As I mentioned in my PM, if you actually have a disability, please get it taken care of. We are not psychiatrists or psychologists on this site. We are not here to be your personal therapy session.

Bottom-line: If you're impersonating a Marine, I would have you prosecuted! Oh, BTW: dyslexia is not a valid disability for a military member to claim! There are WAR VETERAN MILITARY HEROES out there that have come home with REAL physical and mental disabilities!! Please do not put your BS dyslexia in that category! Get the message Marine!?!?

13. Heater

Heater Well-Known Member

Of course this has never happened to me but I still have contact with ex members that it has happened to.
    Get a PM from an in crowd member, he/she baits you more and more into a "not allowed" response and then turns your butt in. At that point, you have no access to the PM's for your defense and that mano a mano PM that Jim is advocating just got you banned.

Not the best advice a mod could have given. Encouraging PM confrontation.

Locked thread is my guess.....wouldn't want to admit to putting his shoes on the wrong feet after trying to tie his laces.

14. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

I couldn't help but notice, that tj1952 put a like for this thread. And yet he is one of the in crowd members. Maybe he's proud of the fact that he's gotten members kicked out of coin talk.lp1952 your little Pm bites did not work with me.(LP1952)Your quote from your previous statement (dyslexia is not a valid disability)Why don't you learn about something What you're talking about http://dyslexia.learninginfo.org/dyslexia-facts.htm. and there's a couple of veterans down at the VA that would really like to meet you so you can explain to them about their PSD. Along with myself we would gladly pick you up at Fort Lauderdale international Airport. Heater One thing I find difficult, are the lowlifes that hide behind their computer. As LP1952 does, I guess it makes him feel like he's a real big individual, insulting and accusing people of things he knows absolutely nothing about. And if he was just to do a little reading about dyslexia, he would find it affects one out of five people. And LP1952 I would very like to put my DD 214 where the sun doesn't shine. I'm going to stop here because this member is bringing me down to his level and I'm better than that. One more thing LP some of the vets down at the VA would like me to tell you, not all of the PSD veterans were in Vietnam. See again get your facts straight.USMC60

15. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

For everyone's information, PMs are private from moderators, only the owner and administrator can read them if necessary, so mods do not know what you are talking about. If someone is speaking badly about you by PM, ignore them , just as mods ignore the jabs from members ( many have grudges already ), as our job is to see the rules are followed. And yes, I said try PM instead of broadcast posting to a public forum, which might get you banned. I was not advocating using it as an attack mode. Now some say they can not ignore any perceived insult and must answer back, if so, you are taking your anonymous persona way too seriously, lighten up.

Again, if you have any trouble with the moderation fairness, PM Peter or Doug. Some members have sent me copies of their PMs with others, and if they abuse the forum's rules and members rights ( including my own as a member) to participation, I forward them to Peter and Doug for their determination.

So many coin threads are undermined by personalities getting off track and trying consciously or unconsciously to make each thread about their anonymous avatar/self, try to be above that. Thanks, Jim

16. Heater

Heater Well-Known Member

I don't know, is tj1952 part of the in crowd? Not my fault if he is or isn't and if he gives me a like.

17. Heater

Heater Well-Known Member

Actually it wasn't really try PM but do PM mano o mano, Not the best advice IMHO. Setting up a confrontation where a member feels it is all clear and then gets "the Hammer" from Doug or Peter when .....well, most of us know how that dryer tumbles.

18. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Don't lay this on Jim. He told folks to play nice or take it to PM. That's great advice. I see that as a nice warning.
    The rules are the same for PMs. You still have to play nice.

Stevearino likes this.
  19. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

idhair Oh how I wish what you were saying was true. One thing is true Jim seems to be an upstanding mod. But as far as the rules especially on private PM's the rules do not apply I know this personally. And I was just informed that private PMs are going to stay private so I will put out the (warning) PMs are not a safe place to go. And I was informed if you do not like someone's PM just block them. But that does not stop the individual from coming back with another PM. That is the flaw in the PM system, members can simply pm you again, and again and again every time you block them. I only speak for myself if Peter would have the sites administrators put in a way to block an individual from responding to your thread and block them from private PMs To keep them from harassing you. That would solve a lot of problems on this site. Any member on coin talk should have the ability to block Another members from his threads and from harassing you on PMs Something to think about Peter. I'm sure there are a lot of members out there who would like the ability to block certain members from their threads and harassing PMs. I know there's members out there that would block me which is okay with me, they'll Don't have to put up with me and I don't have to put up with them. (Problem solved) Peter this would be a solution to a big problem on your site, Peter shouldn't it be the right of a member on coin talk to basically tell another member that he or she is not welcome on their threads. And it's quite obvious verbally telling someone they're not welcome definitely does not work. But if that member is blocked from a thread it showing that member he is not welcome and to move on. Peter just think about it you don't have to deal with the complaints the mods don't have to deal with it on the threads and the members don't have to deal with it on their threads, (a simple solution to a big problem).:blackalien:\V/

20. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Hi :happy: (im staying out if this one) :angelic:

tomfiggy and usmc60 like this.
  21. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Don't go breaking the rules guys. Just block the person and move on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.