new find is this worth anything ?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by THE BIGDOG, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE BIGDOG

THE BIGDOG Member

Well maybe research before you post

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

Just proving you are a EDITED - and you bite every time I post something - just want Books to see you are not worth wasting time bitching at us "regulars"!! THANKS for proving us right!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2016
    noname likes this.
  4. THE BIGDOG

THE BIGDOG Member

if your what most of the "regulars" are like then I'm glad to leave you to youselfs good day sir
    and I hope you find the fight you obviously crave

5. Markus1959

You disrespect a regular by telling him to get glasses then you whine and cry when you just get a little backlash? Too funny! I will not lay down and kiss you saying "Oh so sorry, little newbie" - you have just proven you ain't sorry about nothing, goodnight

noname likes this.
  6. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

First, I don't know how much clearer I can make this without drawing stick figures, Markus; my issue is less this individual and more that a few who unnecessarily jump all over new members as if it's sporting fun, and there's absolutely no reason for it. I've no doubt you mean no harm, but someone less familar may not realize this. There's enough genuine crap and misinformation posted here to keep you plenty busy if you really do wish to promote learning, and please... stop using "newbie" as if it is an automatic negative or an insult. Like it or not, every one of us here is a "newbie" in our own right; not one of us is an expert in anything and everything numis even though seem to think or pretend they are.

Now, as for "defending this", and although the OP's reaction was predictable, I did no such thing; remember, "this" didn't happen until well after my earlier posts.

Stevearino, rzage and usmc60 like this.
  7. Markus1959

Books, I usually try to help a "newbie" as if you ever followed me. BUT there are those that just are not here to learn but just to screw with us! Look how many have went of on cursing tirades and have been banned - after years of reading newbies postings you kinda automatically know who really want's to learn and who just signed up to screw with us! No disrespect intended - I really like to read your replies!!

noname likes this.
  8. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

OK guys, enough of editing, stop with the language. Read the rules. No Abbreviations , symbols, etc. , no bypass the rules, including popular "internet" shortcuts or memes. They don't cut it here. None of this "defending" stuff does either, USE PM if you really want to do it "mano a mano" , don't involve other people unnecessarily. Although rules infraction include any on conversations.

Sometimes I am sure, these long debacles take place just because participants desire it is public. Newbie or regular are under same rules. The intentions of the owners are to make this a nice and safe place for EVERYONE of any sex, age, date of joining, language, origin, etc., so please keep that in mind as guests. Thank you , Jim

Stevearino likes this.
  9. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

I believe bigdog is totally right and you have just proven it by your quote. The only problem is you just don't like it when you get bitten, when you go hunting you forget one most important thing, the situation can change in a heartbeat and you're the one that's being hunted. Maybe bigdog felt that he should not reply. In the beginning to the verbal attacks that he was subjected to. It seems to me bigdog didn't want a confrontation so he did not respond to the stupid accusations made. In the beginning you put the bait out and he did not bite. I don't do it that often but I commend big dog for not taking the bait in the beginning and standing his ground now. We're here to help others and each other not demean and put one another down. There's an old old saying, if you don't have any think nice to say don't say anything at all. But that is not the case on this site. And maybe that should be one of the rules. And when it came to the quote about one of the old members maybe needs a new pair of glasses I personally have heard that one myself referring to me. Maybe that member does need new glasses bigdog just beat me to the quote. Unfortunately some members on this site that consider it having fun by messing with new members do more harm than they do good. I have personally tried to get people to join this site and their reply was they're not going to put up with the BS that they have read on this site. And I do not blame them one bit, and these people I feel want to learn something about error coins unfortunate for this site and others who try to promote error coin collecting two new people. And if you go back to the beginning of this thread you and other members started it big dog tried to avoid it but you wouldn't leave it alone. (Watch Rambo one). In short if you don't have something nice to say (don't say anything at all)Simplify:blackalien: And take a quote from a well-known member who considers three quarters of the members as junk collectors, this is what perspective new collectors and other new people that joined this site read from our well known members true opinions. Way to promote error coin collecting.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  10. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Well, when someone posts an image widely available and widely used as a "reference image" on the Internet, under circumstances indicating they owned the coin, they can expect a little grief. It's downright insulting to think we wouldn't immediately figure it out, and the OP has seriously underestimated their audience. :)

noname and TJ1952 like this.
  11. BooksB4Coins

Oh, now I get it.... only some newbies are worthy of being "developed" while others deserve to be "dogpiled". My apologies for being confused as I was basing my views on what a very wise man once said....

THE BIGDOG and usmc60 like this.
  12. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

It's quite obvious by now bigdog a lot of members have seen this coin, I personally do not know how much the coin is worth, and evidently a lot of members here do not know how much it's worth either. So if I may suggest take it over to how much is this coin worth.? The only unfortunate thing about doing that is a lot of the same members are over on that form to. I understand all you want to know is how much the coin is worth, nowhere did I assume that you owned it, you just want to know the value.:blackalien:

rzage and THE BIGDOG like this.
  13. THE BIGDOG

THE BIGDOG Member

thank you for hearing what I said and not adding to it , and yes I found this coin on google and would like to know the value of it only because someone has shown me a coin much like this one not as nice and wants to use it to settle a debt unfortunately I have no photo of other coin

14. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

OK, I'll address both questions implicit here. First, the coin: It's a significant double strike, so significant that it's become a "prototype" image used to illustrate an extreme example of the type. People would throw money at it. Lots of money.

Second: Your approach. The title you used for this thread is understood to unequivocally mean "This is my new coin" by everyone who's been involved in an online coin forum for more than a day or two. As far as the readers are concerned, you stated that you owned this coin. This mess is what resulted.

As for me, the fact that you've stayed with the thread indicates that this is simply stuff you don't know yet. So I'll stay with it too, and hopefully you can come out of it a smarter collector. :)

Seattlite86 and Stevearino like this.
  15. THE BIGDOG

THE BIGDOG Member

I never said I owned this coin. and as I'v never seen a "double strike" before this is new to me so I thought I could come here for some info about it obviously I was wrong as it took 3 pages of crap to get a answer after being accused of everything from stealing to plagarism

16. THE BIGDOG

THE BIGDOG Member

and what do I have to be sorry about again your putting words into my mouth that I never said and it is you sir that I have no respect for

17. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Ok, I guess both of you either did not read post #47 or just disrespect everyone. So bigdog and markus. No more open discussions between you two. Last chance ..GO to PM for all such discussions ..or you both will be tossed. Your decision.

Stevearino, TJ1952 and tommyc03 like this.
  18. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

Sweet

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk

19. BooksB4Coins

Since no one bothered to actually answer the question, please allow me. While it may seem reasonable to post a photo of one possibly similar coin to represent another, it is simply not practical as no two of such errors are the same, and more harm can come of it than good. Unfortunately, the only way for anyone here to properly identify the supposed "other" coin is to post photos of it.

If you're not intimately familar with such errors though, you're best bet is to steer well clear unless allowed to physically take it to someone trustworthy and genuinely knowledgeable.

As for your clearly unforgivable use of the word "find", don't sweat this petty ridiculousness. If "everyone who's been involved in an online coin forum for more than a day or two" has lost the ability to think or understand that not everyone is equally as perfect, that's their problem. Unless you're making this up, your use of "find" was quite reasonable but simply (and understandably) misinterpreted. Last night while perusing MLS I "found" (past tense of "find") a property that peaked my interest. To me a "new find" as I was previously unaware of it, but doesn't automatically mean that I own it.

THE BIGDOG and usmc60 like this.
  20. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Big:

It is very difficult to value a coin of this type, experienced error dealers [eg: Frank Leone, Rich Schemmer, Mike Diamond, etc] may be better at giving you a value.

However, you said: "Not as nice as this one" honestly, that can mean anything from unc to a beat up road kill coin.

Try to take a simple photo, even with your phone.

Or: how much is the debt? It may or may not be worth it.
    If he owes you $10K, pass on the coin.

THE BIGDOG likes this.
  21. BooksB4Coins

* Piqued.

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.